• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

That’s where the whole “who cares about the economy, it’s al about saving lives” falls down. The economy falling over will kill people too....

That’s where the whole “who cares about the economy, it’s al about saving lives” falls down. The economy falling over will kill people too....

An economy can be built back up though and if everyone "mucks in" we as a society can help people through it. You can't bring the people back to help though if they're already dead.

Sadly that was inevitable, hopefully after all this is over the world will turn into a more caring place.......but don't hold your breath

I hope so

We have the ability to end climate change, hunger, poverty and homelessness tomorrow if we wanted to

An economy can be built back up though and if everyone "mucks in" we as a society can help people through it. You can't bring the people back to help though if they're already dead.

It will create more poverty, which will lead to more deaths...

Exercise Cygnus

Exercise Cygnus was a simulation exercise carried out by the British government in October 2016 to estimate the impact of a hypothetical influenza pandemic on the United Kingdom. The exercise showed that the pandemic would cause the country's health system to collapse from a lack of resources, with Sally Davies, the Chief Medical Officer at the time, stating that a lack of medical ventilators and the logistics of disposal of dead bodies were serious problems. As of March 2020, the full results of the exercise remain classified.

Exercise Cygnus

German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier

"No, this pandemic is not a war. Nations do not stand against nations, nor soldiers against soldiers. Rather it is a test of our humanity. It brings out the best and worst in people. Let's show each other the best in us."

Approximately 10,000 households showed up in their cars to receive food from a San Antonio, Texas food bank, overwhelming the organization.
“I don’t know if we can keep up the pace that the demand is requiring,” San Antonio Food Bank CEO Eric Cooper said.
Still, the organization said it was hoping to hold two more food distribution dates next week.
Nationally, around 16.8 million people have applied to receive unemployment benefits in the last three weeks.
Approximately 10,000 households showed up Thursday at a food bank in San Antonio, Texas to receive free food amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

“It was a rough one today,” Eric Cooper, San Antonio Food Bank President and CEO Eric Cooper told The San Antonio Express-News. He said Thursday marked the largest single-day distribution in the nonprofit group’s four decades.
He added: “We have never executed on as large of a demand as we are now.”
About 6,000 households had pre-registered for Thursday’s food distribution at a flea market on the city’s south side, though “thousands more” showed up, causing the distribution to last from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. – four hours longer scheduled.
Food distributed included milk, beans, and fresh produce, according to the report.
Around a million pounds of food was brought in the morning to be given away, though more trucks of food had to be brought in later in the day to meet the demand. About $1.5 million worth of food was distributed by the San Antonio Food Bank on Thursday, a spokesperson for the organization told the Texas newspaper.
Some people who showed up to receive the food did not meet the organization’s qualifications to receive the handouts, according to the report. The group worked to qualify people on the spot who showed up even if they had not prequalified to receive the food.
Cooper told the Texas newspaper the food bank was considering two more food distribution days next week, on Tuesday and on Thursday, though it wasn’t sure it would have enough resources to do so without help from the “National Guard or somebody,” according to the report.

The SA food bank is very well known and respected. Eric Cooper is often on local tv, but I had no advance knowledge of this distribution. Fortunately for me, I live and work on the north side of SA which is relatively much wealthier than the south side where this distribution took place.

If anyone wants some light relief, Jarvis Cocker will be hosting his second Jarv Is Home Disco tonight on Instagram at 21:00 -23:00 last weeks was banging, until his amp blew up, this week the kits had an upgrade and looks ready to rock. Jarv Is Home Disco

I can't watch anything where Priti Vacant is speaking, that natural smirk cuts me in half..so, after seeing she was trending can anyone confirm she had lost her marbles when giving the testing numbers today

"Priti Patel: 'there have been 300,034 974,000 tests carried out'

I can't watch anything where Priti Vacant is speaking, that natural smirk cuts me in half..so, after seeing she was trending can anyone confirm she had lost her marbles when giving the testing numbers today

"Priti Patel: 'there have been 300,034 974,000 tests carried out'

yup

Good stuff. Can see why they hid her in a cupboard for 4 weeks

Back