• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

28 NHS Employees have so far died from Coronavirus, which doesnt include care home workers etc

A Chowdhury
F Ayache
A Saadu
H Zaidi
A Hawrani
El Tayar
J Rathod
A Sebastianpillai
M Shousha
S Haider
A Ong
E Perugia
D Souelto
C Jamabo
J Alagos
L Glanister
G Corbin
T Harvey
A Gatinao
L Coventry
C Sweeney
J Graham
E Adedeji
B Moore
P Sharma
B Mack
A Nasreen
A O’Rourke

RIP

917 died today.

Wonder what the papers will say about Boris tomorrow on their front pages.

Why do you even bother ?

980 people died yesterday Paul. Not sure how you feel about that, but I would hope it’s not this:
79fadb3b5cc683cea966bd452327afe9.jpg

Or this
a03622b54c6402258c3df0151b22a888.jpg

It's the S"n what did you expect?

It's a scumbag paper written by pondlife and edited by the turds of humanity.

Save yourself the outrage and don't read them. You'll feel much better.

I could pick the express, mail, times, telegraph if you like?

We seem to have entered a period of being completely immune to people dying - it’s almost as though our media don’t give a shit. You can include BBC, Sky and ITV in that too. There was way more fuss made about people dying in Italy, it’s fine here as long as one of Boris’s girlfriends is able to text him while he watches films?

What would you rather our broadcast media does instead?

980 people died yesterday Paul. Not sure how you feel about that, but I would hope it’s not this:
I find it abhorrent but what is just as bad is you announcing the death toll and then instantly having a dig at the newspapers, have you not heard the phrase 'there's a time and a place' ?

I find it abhorrent but what is just as bad is you announcing the death toll and then instantly having a dig at the newspapers, have you not heard the phrase 'there's a time and a place' ?

Yes. Often used by people who would rather not be scrutinised.

What would you rather our broadcast media does instead?

Not focus on coming out of lockdown, or trivialise the current situation. If we want people to stay in lockdown, as they must, people must realise the seriousness.

Italy was reported with horror by our media. We are now reporting death tolls higher than they ever did.

Not focus on coming out of lockdown, or trivialise the current situation. If we want people to stay in lockdown, as they must, people must realise the seriousness.

Italy was reported with horror by our media. We are now reporting death tolls higher than they ever did.

I'm sure both Spain and Italy reported days over 1000.

Spains highest was 980, which was also Europes highest number for daily deaths...until ours yesterday

What Kenny said.

Patel doing the briefing today, some barrel scraping going on after she’s been hidden for a month.

Anyway, a very good article in the guardian today on how Coronavirus has (or will?) expose the myth of British exceptionalism:

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...british-exceptionalism?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Are there any countries that are not exceptionalist? Isn't religion exceptionalist when some continue to flout guidelines and worship without social distancing?

To equate some perception of national supremacy/uniqueness because he lamented shutting pubs is ridiculous if you ask me. There was never any suggestion of a British way of tackling this virus let alone anything else. The greater question is legislation on the restriction on liberties and freedoms that may never be repealed.

Our senses are more focused on death at the moment. It is a grim reality. Our conscience has been raised and there is an appreciation of just how fragile we really are.

Back