• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Current deaths per day in the US, by cause:

1. Covid-19 - 1970
2. Heart disease - 1774
3. Cancer - 1641

I'm really not sure how to feel about this. On the one hand the virus has only just become the #1 cause of death. On the other hand heart disease and cancer kill one helluva lot of people (a combined million and a quarter deaths per year in one country).

Im envious.

The till queue in Morrisons was round the entire frozen section, down the bread and desserts aisle and then halfway up the beers, wines and spirits aisle. So over a quarter of the shop consisted of a queue. Twas alright though. You just have to be pretty patient and that surely isn't a massive thing to ask.

Saying that, Mini had to go to the Pharmacy at Bushbury and I went with him so he could practice his driving and I picked some beautiful fruit and veg from the little store there in about five minutes. Only a short queue for the Butchers next door as well.

I am thinking its time to bin the supermarkets for a bit and help local businesses.

M&S manage it well so there's no excessive queues at the checkout which clearly improves the flow of customers. Oh and the butcher did me a great deal too - 8 matured ribeyes for £20 and a leg of lamb (should have been £27) for £20 too!

M&S manage it well so there's no excessive queues at the checkout which clearly improves the flow of customers. Oh and the butcher did me a great deal too - 8 matured ribeyes for £20 and a leg of lamb (should have been £27) for £20 too!

Result, that!

Gardai here stopping all the Dubs coming down to their holiday homes and turning them round.
Non compliance and it's a €2.5k fine so I'm told.

Im envious.

The till queue in Morrisons was round the entire frozen section, down the bread and desserts aisle and then halfway up the beers, wines and spirits aisle. So over a quarter of the shop consisted of a queue. Twas alright though. You just have to be pretty patient and that surely isn't a massive thing to ask.

Get yourself up here man. On the Bridge the Co-Op is pretty well stocked, the butcher is operating as normal and we have an offie. You're all done.

I can't go and have a pint with you but I could congratulate you on your choices from 2m away.

Popped into Poxtons butchers in Castlecroft for Sundays dinner, got a fresh leg of lamb (butchered in front of me) only letting 2 in at a time, there was about a 10 minute wait outside

Its a decent butchers that, not for your everyday fare but worth it if you want something decent

Proper butchers should be revered and patroned accordingly !

Virtual Question Time is asking for questions from the good folk of Wolverhampton next week.

Its across all generations as well.

The same people who come out with this "we survived" bollocks were the first racing to Tesco to clear the shelves of everything in utter panic

Yeah clapping the NHS on balconies with stock piles of bog rolls hidden just out of site. Fucking hypocritical pricks.

Current deaths per day in the US, by cause:

1. Covid-19 - 1970
2. Heart disease - 1774
3. Cancer - 1641

I'm really not sure how to feel about this. On the one hand the virus has only just become the #1 cause of death. On the other hand heart disease and cancer kill one helluva lot of people (a combined million and a quarter deaths per year in one country).
I guess the difference is that someone can't give you cancer by coughing on you.

Our butcher is ace. And he's a fucking baggie. Ha.

Both my folks have health conditions, dad having loads, so they're locked away for 3 months.
He was unable to order a shop online, but did bag a click and collect at wolves asda. It was last sunday. He left the house (finchfield) at 11.55. Pulled into asda car park, and the click and collect is signposted - a section of the car park. Pulled up, gives his name, is asked to pop open his boot, trays of stuff placed in car, boot closed, and he's waved off by the staff. Back home packing stuff away by 12.20.

First class that. I dreaded the idea of him having to actually go into the supermarket. Only thing he didn't get was a crusty loaf.

Don't want to ask our butcher, as am fearful he could be a bluenose. He's a diamond though, and great quality stuff. Only just taken over the shop from the fella who hired him for a saturday job years ago. Never worked anywhere else. Great range of good meat, and people travel from miles around for his turkeys at christmas.

Both my folks have health conditions, dad having loads, so they're locked away for 3 months.
He was unable to order a shop online, but did bag a click and collect at wolves asda. It was last sunday. He left the house (finchfield) at 11.55. Pulled into asda car park, and the click and collect is signposted - a section of the car park. Pulled up, gives his name, is asked to pop open his boot, trays of stuff placed in car, boot closed, and he's waved off by the staff. Back home packing stuff away by 12.20.

First class that. I dreaded the idea of him having to actually go into the supermarket. Only thing he didn't get was a crusty loaf.

Class

Back