• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Yeah, if it's on sale then it's fair game. Not that I'm personally nipping out every day for a few cans but the Government have decreed that off licences can stay open, so they're blurred their own lines. Again.

I went to Morrisons at 2.40pm. I was in the store by 3.30 and home just before 5pm.

Agreed. Made me laugh yesterday as straight after a government advert that mentioned shopping as little as you can and only for essential goods was immediately followed by two Easter egg adverts.

just been down to the 2 metre squared off, direction arrows on the floor, staff outside making everyone gel their hands
and spray their basket before entering Tesco mini downstairs. in the first aisle , 5 squares all full of people patiently waiting for the person ahead to move on, and a guy bowled in, barged past me and everyone else to go to the post office at the end.
I lost it a little, and apologised to the other shoppers who all said no problem mate, its idiots like him will get people killed. Got the square at the end by the post office and he was smirking at which point i became a tad more angry and pointed out that we wont always have to stay 2 metres apart and theres a lot of dark alleys round here. At that point, lots of staff started to appear.

Did my shop, and walked went back to the veg section to get some onions that id forgotten when the post office twat made me lose it barging past me and another guy bowled in and stood right next to me to rummage through the fruit and i snapped, and in a very forthright manner asked him what he thought he was doing. When he asked me what I meant i came close to exploding, and asked him what he thought the squares were for. When he said he didnt know i got quite loud pointing out all the measures in place, the hand gel, the one in one out, the disenfectant spray, the squares , the arrows on the floor and that i didnt appreciate an ignorant fuck putting my life at risk.

When I went to pay I apologised to Gemma on the tills and she said it was fine, I wasn't the one at fault. By the time i got back to the flat and was standing looking out the window - 2 minutes max since id left and the Police were pulling up and going into Tesco's.

Now, I know i shouldnt have flipped , but I haven't spent this long locked up, avoiding contact with people, missing mates weddings, a mate celebrating the birth of his daughter or any other changes we've had to make to stay safe so that my pneumonia fucked lungs can get filled with cv-19 by some twat who cant wait to buy a stamp and a twat who cant wait to buy apples.

Believe it or not, I'm actually a very calm person, it takes a lot to push my buttons, but that really got to me.

The whole experience has taught me two things. Some people still don't give a shit about the situation and the Police are on high alert to get to any potentially violent situations between people playing by the rules and people that don't think it applies to them, which with a sunny bank holiday coming up does not bode well at all.

Oh, and that I need to make sure i take some kalms before venturing outside

Think the long weekend and predicted decent weather has sent everyone a bit BBQ mental today.

Going down to site this morning the M1 was almost deserted, went to pop into the Asda near site and they were already queuing across the car park so swerved that. Lad from site went to try his luck there midmorning and was faced with the same queue, as was I again at about 3pm. Tried another two supermarkets on the way back home and same story at both of those, though the M1 was still a ghost town on what was equivalent to a standard Friday rush hour.

Ended up dipping in the services near East Mids airport and pleasantly surprised to see only a handful of cars, so managed to nip in the M&S there to get a few essentials. Thankfully seems majority of the traffic today is very much local, so whilst shopping is a nightmare I'm hoping everyone is stocking up for a big weekend at home rather than away.

Think it's important to maintain the sale of non-essential items, at least from retailers still able to trade safely, to retain a little normality and enable people to actually do something at home to preserve their sanity. Though people shouldn't be going out to shop purely for non-essential goods, they should be an add on rather than the main event.

Sainsbury's have started minimising staff commutes.

If staff or managers have a store closer to home than the one you work for then you're been (forcibly if need be) transferred. I'm starting at a Local round the corner next week. It's a clause hidden deep in our T&C's which until now has never been used but we've got managers and colleagues from Burton and Swadlincote having to make that trip. Much less those who live much closer to the three other supermarkets we have here.

I don't have a fat lot to say about my employer positively but they've been overwhelmingly on the ball during this crisis.

New cases looks like it's around 4.3k today. It's been around that figure since 1st April so it looks like new cases is flattening out at least

New cases looks like it's around 4.3k today. It's been around that figure since 1st April so it looks like new cases is flattening out at least
x

Does that include everyone who has it and is self isolating but hasn't been tested though? I would imagine not

I went to Morrisons at 2.40pm. I was in the store by 3.30 and home just before 5pm.

I got to Tesco at 1.30 today and was home by 3.10. Did a decent shop too so no need to pop out for a few days.

Seemed to be a lot more cars on the road today than I've seen over the last couple of weeks which is concerning

x

Does that include everyone who has it and is self isolating but hasn't been tested though? I would imagine not

No, but as I've said before, provided we aren't changing the criteria about who gets tested then it's reasonable to use. It's the fact the trend is flat rather than the actual numbers

Went to Sainsbury's and queued for about 20 minutes. Nice a quiet inside again and no queues at the till.

Sainsbury's have started minimising staff commutes.

If staff or managers have a store closer to home than the one you work for then you're been (forcibly if need be) transferred. I'm starting at a Local round the corner next week. It's a clause hidden deep in our T&C's which until now has never been used but we've got managers and colleagues from Burton and Swadlincote having to make that trip. Much less those who live much closer to the three other supermarkets we have here.

I don't have a fat lot to say about my employer positively but they've been overwhelmingly on the ball during this crisis.
Wasn't there some sketchy stuff with Argos?

Can't remember the specifics but they were flagged up in negative manner on some saints/sinners of the outbreak article I read somewhere.

I actually quite like the queuing outside as its a much more pleasant experience inside.

Wasn't there some sketchy stuff with Argos?

Can't remember the specifics but they were flagged up in negative manner on some saints/sinners of the outbreak article I read somewhere.

Was that down to main Argos stores closing but those inside Sainsburys staying open?

Was that down to main Argos stores closing but those inside Sainsburys staying open?
Think they were forcing staff from the former into the latter or something, I'll try and dig out the article to refresh my memory.

Boris out of ICU but still hospitalised.

I actually quite like the queuing outside as its a much more pleasant experience inside.

Still get the odd person that doesn't understand what 2 metres is though - in Asda 2 days ago ended up having to go the other side of the shop to avoid her, then she turned up at the checkout behind me (& still got closer than she should).

Back