• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

"Life in Spain will slowly begin to return to normal after the state of alarm, introduced three weeks ago to slow the coronavirus outbreak, comes to an end on April 26. That’s according to Finance Minister and government spokesperson María Jesús Montero.
Speaking on Spanish TV channel Antena 3 on Wednesday, Montero said that Spain would slowly return to “normal life” but in progressive stages, following the recommendations of health experts in order to avoid a second wave of coronavirus infections.

“We can’t take anything for granted right now, only that the extension of the state of alarm will last until April 26,” she said. “From that moment on, the relaxation [of the confinement orders] will happen progressively so that citizens can begin, in an orderly fashion, to return to normal life, to the streets, to the public squares.” The minister added that the lifting of the lockdown rules must be well planned and organized “so that there are no [new] peaks and infections.”

Montero said the government is working on “different scenarios” on how the confinement measures could be eased, but refused to go into further details until “the experts decide” on how to proceed. According to the minister, more information on the spread of the outbreak is still needed before any decision can be made.

Spaniards have been confined to their homes since March 14, when the government implemented a state of alarm in a bid to control the coronavirus crisis. All public-facing businesses have been closed since then, while border controls have been restricting the movement of people."

Had to give my preffered redeployment roles at hospital last week. Scary times

Options were Mortuary, Bereavment, Ward Support, Admin Support (ward based), Portering

"Life in Spain will slowly begin to return to normal after the state of alarm, introduced three weeks ago to slow the coronavirus outbreak, comes to an end on April 26."

Hasn't their mortality rate been dropping for four or five days on the trot ?

Awwww Bless. This is really nice. MP's have got a 10k rise to cushion the blow of having to work from their homes to match the 35p a week rise in Child benefit, £1.60 a week Statutory sick pay rise and £1.25 a week rise in Employment & Support Allowance. Great to see our elected represented showing solidarity with the nation in this time of crisis. Now all we've got to do is deal with them greedy footballers.......

I’m not sure you can compare MPs on £70k a year to footballers on £70k a week. Well not unless you work for the Sun.

I’m not sure you can compare MPs on £70k a year to footballers on £70k a week. Well not unless you work for the Sun.

if that's what you choose to take from that, then that's your right.

Prescription Charges also went up 15p as well so for many people much of their benefit increase was instantly wiped out.

Sure is.

Aren’t those just RPI increases as the new tax year has started? Since parliament is not sitting I don’t think MPs voted on them.

did you see the thing i posted from Ian Mulheirn? tracking app and testing seems to be the only viable option to get the country back on its feet safely and as quick as possible.

I think the nutbars will refuse to install the anonymous encrypted app cos 'they' will be watching and the million dud testing kits will hamper it, but it seems to be the only way

Yep, but at some point people are going to contract this virus and 0.4% of them are going to die. Why draw it out for longer than it needs to be?

Even with apps and contact tracing people will get the virus eventually

Had to give my preffered redeployment roles at hospital last week. Scary times

Options were Mortuary, Bereavment, Ward Support, Admin Support (ward based), Portering

rock/hard place

No it was their independent body that no one else has

I meant the increases in benefit, prescription charges etc.

If it makes you feel better my salary is set by an independent employee council.

I meant the increases in benefit, prescription charges etc.

If it makes you feel better my salary is set by an independent employee council.

It doesn't really. The independent body decides how much and I believe MP's vote it through.

MP's (in the majority party) stood and applauded denying Nurses a pay rise, and then write to any that complain on HoC gold embossed paper.

It's indefensible, especially in the current climate

Yep, but at some point people are going to contract this virus and 0.4% of them are going to die. Why draw it out for longer than it needs to be?

Even with apps and contact tracing people will get the virus eventually

The health service is struggling to cope now with lockdown measures in place. If we just let it run its course, tens of thousands will die unnecessarily.

122 deaths in Scotland and Wales recorded in the last 24 hours.

The health service is struggling to cope now with lockdown measures in place. If we just let it run its course, tens of thousands will die unnecessarily.

I haven't said that though

I've said people will still die from this virus if they get it now or in sixth months time

That comes across as being extremely callous

suppression-exit-strategies-options-lifting-lockdown-measures-uk

economic cost vs value to society of different options available

That's not what I'm saying, the point I'm making is that people will die if they get the virus today in the same way they will in six months time.

I'm not proposing lifting lockdown, I'm saying we can look at lifting some of the lockdown measures in line with the increase in NHS capacity

Wife has popped out to our our weekly shop.

Gave up on Asda and Tesco due to the queues going on for ever. Opted for Morrisons and only took her 25 mins to get in the store! Guess a little bit more of pointless panic buying as the lockdown extension is incoming.

122 deaths in Scotland and Wales recorded in the last 24 hours.

765 deaths announced in England today. 625 of those were 7th April and before going back to March. Is there a huge amount in the system still to report if that is the case?

765 deaths announced in England today. 625 of those were 7th April and before going back to March. Is there a huge amount in the system still to report if that is the case?

cool, numbers going down, Light at the end of the tunnel at last. at this rate we will be out of lockdown in a couple of weeks and everyone can get back to work

Back