• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

People look too deeply into Iraq2. It was just about Bush Jr, trying to fix Daddy's legacy and the "War on Terror" was a convenient vehicle to do so. Blair was taken along because his ego loved the power trip of being seen to be at the forefront of global decision making

I'm pretty sure I've read a quote from George jr something along the lines of He tried to kill my Daddy, so I'm,going to kill him. The Intelligence report that was presented was worded so badly that it could easily be interpreted as being a near certainty Saddam was imminently about to get his hands on WMD's and use them, or that there was a chance he'd use the current world situation to have a go at it. Confirmation bias caused Dubya to jump on it and use it as the excuse he was looking for to convince the world it was true and take Saddam out. It's supposed to have been corrected, however, I put this link up yesterday to a report from 2 Reuters journalists earlier this week and asked for opinions of it, because I really don't know what to make of it. No one seems willing to do so, so i'll try again.

Special Report: Boris Johnson listened to his scientists about coronavirus - but they were slow to sound the alarm

They should just rewrite Godwin’s law replacing Hitler with the Iraq war.

Beggars belief...
fb21af80501f50a0d8404900b8ce8c86.jpg

Love that tune, absolute whomper

it only occurred to me this morning that when I posted World Party's Ship of Fools some people may have thought I was having a go at the Board and it's members.

I apologise profusely if that was the case, it wasn't, it was aimed at our leaders and the cabinet.

A report from testing of a town in Germany puts the case fatality ratio at around 0.4%

https://www.rundschau-online.de/reg...-hat-auch-viele-schaeden-verursacht--36439428

Working the numbers through (assuming the NHS doesn't get overwhelmed) we're looking at around 27,000 deaths in total for the UK.

We're about 25% of that at the moment which suggests that around 16.5m people in the UK have been infected with covid19.

Obviously there's a lot of assumptions here but its based on real data.

A report from testing of a town in Germany puts the case fatality ratio at around 0.4%

https://www.rundschau-online.de/reg...-hat-auch-viele-schaeden-verursacht--36439428

Working the numbers through (assuming the NHS doesn't get overwhelmed) we're looking at around 27,000 deaths in total for the UK.

We're about 25% of that at the moment which suggests that around 16.5m people in the UK have been infected with covid19.

Obviously there's a lot of assumptions here but its based on real data.

That's genuinely encouraging. If and when we can finally get to the level of testing in Germany we'll have a real chance of saving thousands of live

it only occurred to me this morning that when I posted World Party's Ship of Fools some people may have thought I was having a go at the Board and it's members.

I apologise profusely if that was the case, it wasn't, it was aimed at our leaders and the cabinet.

I don't think anyone thought that tbh mate

That's genuinely encouraging. If and when we can finally get to the level of testing in Germany we'll have a real chance of saving thousands of live

Controversial opinion time

Germany wont save many lives with their approach, theyre delaying the inevitable. 0.4 % of people who get this will die and there isnt anything that can be done to prevent this.

The best thing we can do is keep the levels of people going to the NHS manageable so the CFR doesnt increase due to lack of resources. Youd almost want to run at a highest throughput as safely possible to end this as soon as possible. The sooner we get to 50-60% the better, this will cause infection rates to start to slow down in their own

Controversial opinion time

Germany wont save many lives with their approach, theyre delaying the inevitable. 0.4 % of people who get this will die and there isnt anything that can be done to prevent this.

The best thing we can do is keep the levels of people going to the NHS manageable so the CFR doesnt increase due to lack of resources. Youd almost want to run at a highest throughput as safely possible to end this as soon as possible. The sooner we get to 50-60% the better, this will cause infection rates to start to slow down in their own

you did say it was controversial lol

Germany have been on point since they found out their first infectee had been at a festival for 10 days and traced everyone he came into contact with and tested them.

I strongly disagree with you on that one Andy

you did say it was controversial lol

Germany have been on point since they found out their first infectee had been at a festival for 10 days and traced everyone he came into contact with and tested them.

I strongly disagree with you on that one Andy

Fair enough :)

I wonder what Germanys exit strategy is - lockdown until vaccine?

Fair enough :)

I wonder what Germanys exit strategy is - lockdown until vaccine?

did you see the thing i posted from Ian Mulheirn? tracking app and testing seems to be the only viable option to get the country back on its feet safely and as quick as possible.

I think the nutbars will refuse to install the anonymous encrypted app cos 'they' will be watching and the million dud testing kits will hamper it, but it seems to be the only way

Awwww Bless. This is really nice. MP's have got a 10k rise to cushion the blow of having to work from their homes to match the 35p a week rise in Child benefit, £1.60 a week Statutory sick pay rise and £1.25 a week rise in Employment & Support Allowance. Great to see our elected represented showing solidarity with the nation in this time of crisis. Now all we've got to do is deal with them greedy footballers.......

Back