• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

My auntie who works at New X has tested positive, 7 days self isolation coming up.

i hope they're wrong too but that doesn't justify an erroneous scientists v statisticians argument just because you don't like a set of results. the scientists also have a model with assumptions in some of which will no doubt be based on statistical data, so in principle their process should be no different to anyone else's model. the key is determining the data/assumption differences.

and didn't the UK scientists' model allegedly support a herd immunity policy only for them to change that a few days later because it was potentially going to kill 500k of us? if 66k scares the shit out of a lot of people we should be bricking it every time one of the UK scientists starts to speak.

Really not sure what t o make of this article from Reuters yesterday. I really don't if anyone can offer theirs on it I'd be grateful

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-britain-path-speci/special-report-johnson-listened-to-his-scientists-about-coronavirus-but-they-were-slow-to-sound-the-alarm-idUSKBN21P1VF

They are definitely re-purposing a lot of facilities. Chunks of Penn mental health are being turned into isolation wards.

Had to go out in my car today....3 weeks since that moved.

Odd on the roads. So local roads as normal but Black Country route and M6 were so quiet. 6am Sunday rather than 6pm Wednesday levels

The health bloke on midlands today was saying they are still hoping it might not be needed. Might be wishful thinking though.

Apparently it covers Worcestershire, West Mids and Staffs.

Just checked. 500 to start and capacity can increase to 4k. The Mayor of Brum was talking about 2000 yesterday
so with the army building another 5 on top of the original 4 ( or vice versa) and up to 17 planned, we are looking at a necessity for a HUGE increase in capacity

Footballers have got together to form their own solution to Hancocks 'pay donation' demand and help the NHS, which is the smart thing to do.

so with the army building another 5 on top of the original 4 ( or vice versa) and up to 17 planned, we are looking at a necessity for a HUGE increase in capacity

For me, this means one of two things

1) were expecting lots more cases
2) we're building capacity so we can start rolling back parts of the lockdown

Wolves PCT, which covers New Cross and Penn Mental Health, plus a few other bits and bobs, have ordered enough PPE to cover 4,000 extra staff on top of what they have now.

There are growing calls for greater transparency from the Government regarding what data they're using and how they calculate statistics. I'd also ask for a wider set of data to be made available like the two below regarding beds available over time and beds currently occupied and number of tests its taken countries to find an infected citizen

av beds.jpg

download (1).jpg

tests.jpg
covid-19-tests-cases-scatter-with-comparisons

They are definitely re-purposing a lot of facilities. Chunks of Penn mental health are being turned into isolation wards.

Having spent a lot of time in Penn hospital visiting my mom I'm not 100% sure how they'll work that. I know needs must at the moment but the mental health support will take a serious battering there.

Back