• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

lol what, using statistics is a bit like bombing iraq?

i think what you're attempting to highlight is that any information can be mis-used to support dodgy government policy, which doesn't just apply to statistics.

my point was that use of statistics in government & business is standard and prevalent and that isn't likely to change because a few old women on a football forum like to massively generalise about things.

Lolz.

Yes, I am fully aware using statistics is not like bombing Iraq which is why I said ' bit like '. The second sentence I wrote may be the giveaway there. The only similarity being that minds can be encouraged to follow desired paths using false representations. Thanks for letting me know that writing on a football forum won't change anything but I already knew that - reading these forums had already given me a complete realisation that it won't.

I just c &p'd this from 3 or 4 days ago for ease. Some of that's now changed, we're now including home and care home numbers to allow more accurate predictions and it gives an idea of curent/historic numbers in one area of Spain which being the smallest and most sparsely populated you'd think might be one of the lightest hit.

Unfortunately, many who die at home or in a care home have not been tested for Covid-19. Having a virus that kills you is not uncommon but what would interest me is how contagious this virus is compared to others ie 2015 when the flu virus failed and 28K died in the flu season. The data has to be precise.

I like him. Starmer and Sunak could be very good across the despatch box.

Rishi not been tested yet. Blair was immaculate while he was spending money the country didn't have. But Su Pollard could have got the gig after John Major. He got a bit unpopular when innocent people died in Iraq bcause he was a puppet and an evil piece of shit. Starmer will need to be amazing whe he picks up the pieces of Covid-19. By your logic Rees-Mogg would be a snatch .. nah ..

What’s the point of detailed weather forecasts at the moment? Laura Tobin has just spent the forecast urging people to stay at home whilst on the other hand telling people the bank holiday is going to be glorious.

What’s the point of detailed weather forecasts at the moment? Laura Tobin has just spent the forecast urging people to stay at home whilst on the other hand telling people the bank holiday is going to be glorious.

Given the majority of people have a garden it is relevant. I now know I shall barbecue Friday and decorate indoors on Monday.

Pinot Noir, covers all bases.

Unfortunately, many who die at home or in a care home have not been tested for Covid-19. Having a virus that kills you is not uncommon but what would interest me is how contagious this virus is compared to others ie 2015 when the flu virus failed and 28K died in the flu season. The data has to be precise.

'Normal' flu has an R0 of 1.something.

WHO are now saying Covid19 is around 5.7

Lolz.

Yes, I am fully aware using statistics is not like bombing Iraq which is why I said ' bit like '. The second sentence I wrote may be the giveaway there. The only similarity being that minds can be encouraged to follow desired paths using false representations. Thanks for letting me know that writing on a football forum won't change anything but I already knew that - reading these forums had already given me a complete realisation that it won't.

You're closer to the mark than you realise. The Iraq invasion 2 had less to do with what was/wasn't found by the inspectors than a complete and total failure of Intelligence analysts who presented a report to politicians on the likelihood, in the climate at the time, with America distracted elsewhere, of Saddam acquiring and using WMD's. It is seen as the single most spectacular and devastating failure of Military Intelligence to get it right ever.

Neanderthal :)

Nah, not for Pinot Noir. Was a big thing chilled when I worked in France during the summer. A light one medium chilled is lovely.

You're closer to the mark than you realise. The Iraq invasion 2 had less to do with what was/wasn't found by the inspectors than a complete and total failure of Intelligence analysts who presented a report to politicians on the likelihood, in the climate at the time, with America distracted elsewhere, of Saddam acquiring and using WMD's. It is seen as the single most spectacular and devastating failure of Military Intelligence to get it right ever.

People look too deeply into Iraq2. It was just about Bush Jr, trying to fix Daddy's legacy and the "War on Terror" was a convenient vehicle to do so. Blair was taken along because his ego loved the power trip of being seen to be at the forefront of global decision making

Back