• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

I meant the increases in benefit, prescription charges etc.

If it makes you feel better my salary is set by an independent employee council.

Quick question - do you get 26k, for additional costs for working at home as well, on top of your salary? Sorry, 36k now? Available for the whole of the next 12 months?

765 deaths announced in England today. 625 of those were 7th April and before going back to March. Is there a huge amount in the system still to report if that is the case?

England reports 765 new coronavirus deaths

NHS England has recorded 765 new deaths in hospital from coronavirus.

It said that 140 of them occurred yesterday, while 568 took place between 1 April and 7 April.

The remaining 57 deaths took place in March, including two on 19 March and one on 16 March.

140 yesterday is a positive (as much as you can take 140 people passing away as a positive). Are the April (568) & March (57) people who died at home, care homes etc or just an error in the reporting at the time?

I really think they should be reporting numbers as they happen on the day, not waiting until notifying next of kin.

That 140 from today could be any number.

England reports 765 new coronavirus deaths

NHS England has recorded 765 new deaths in hospital from coronavirus.

It said that 140 of them occurred yesterday, while 568 took place between 1 April and 7 April.

The remaining 57 deaths took place in March, including two on 19 March and one on 16 March.

140 yesterday is a positive (as much as you can take 140 people passing away as a positive). Are the April (568) & March (57) people who died at home, care homes etc or just an error in the reporting at the time?

Just the hospital number.

A further 765 patients have died in hospital in England, bringing the total to 7,248 - up from 6,483 the day before.

As Newbridge says, the number from today could be anything.

How can you read anything into the statistics if the Daily figures aren't daily figures?

I really think they should be reporting numbers as they happen on the day, not waiting until notifying next of kin.

That 140 from today could be any number.

Quite difficult to do legally I think and then you have to factor in those you won't know have had Covid-19 until they have been seen by a coroner or hospital to verify the death. By the looks of things that can take up to a week.

Wife has popped out to our our weekly shop.

Gave up on Asda and Tesco due to the queues going on for ever. Opted for Morrisons and only took her 25 mins to get in the store! Guess a little bit more of pointless panic buying as the lockdown extension is incoming.
I'm thinking more people shopping today rather than over the easter weekend, plus people getting bbq supplies etc.

You mentioned getting in your car the other day, which was mad as immediately before reading that I'd been thinking I haven't got in my car for a month, which is ridiculous!

Seems really busy outside today.

Compared to 900 its a HUGE positive. I think it's a clear sign that we're over the worst now

That's working on the assumption that yesterday's 900 all happened on Tuesday though. I think it's clear that reporting and counting is often days toa week behind, and it's also clear that the new death count remains on an upward trajectory. And once residential/care home deaths, and those that have died at home are added to the numbers I don't share your optimism that we're over the worst of it. Transmission may be down, but we won't see deaths coming down for a few weeks yet

I'm thinking more people shopping today rather than over the easter weekend, plus people getting bbq supplies etc.

You mentioned getting in your car the other day, which was mad as immediately before reading that I'd been thinking I haven't got in my car for a month, which is ridiculous!

One police force threatening to spot check shoppers trolleys for non essential goods.
The missus went shopping and said everyone seemed to have throwaway bbq's.. (by the way, queuing for 30mins to get in tesco, lidl has been the norm here for 3 weeks now)

Now.... you cant be selling stuff and expecting folks to not fucking buy it when they do their shop.... either take it all off sale except food, medicine etc or dont moan.

One police force threatening to spot check shoppers trolleys for non essential goods.
The missus went shopping and said everyone seemed to have throwaway bbq's.. (by the way, queuing for 30mins to get in tesco, lidl has been the norm here for 3 weeks now)

Now.... you cant be selling stuff and expecting folks to not fucking buy it when they do their shop.... either take it all off sale except food, medicine etc or dont moan.

Totally agree, make it illegal to sell non essential goods then no need for police to be doing this kind of thing

No issue with them having the bbqs. As long as they have them at home, and don't have any visitors.

Or maybe buy your barbie when doing your essentials. and if you're not buying essentials dont go out shopping no ones saying you cant buy BBQ, I think the advise is more don't pop down the shops for an ice cream because its sunny and grab a bbq while you're there. I don't have a problem with people getting nicked for that all.

Agreed. Made me laugh yesterday as straight after a government advert that mentioned shopping as little as you can and only for essential goods was immediately followed by two Easter egg adverts.

Agreed. Made me laugh yesterday as straight after a government advert that mentioned shopping as little as you can and only for essential goods was immediately followed by two Easter egg adverts.

Lidl seem to have purchased a lot of ad spaces on TV and they all go with "another reason to visit Lidl"

Quite difficult to do legally I think and then you have to factor in those you won't know have had Covid-19 until they have been seen by a coroner or hospital to verify the death. By the looks of things that can take up to a week.

I don't think reporting numbers is anything legal, pretty sure they report the dead as numbers before family are informed for large incidents like plane crashes, but the second part is something I hadn't considered. I guess in an age of information its easy to forget that it actually takes time to process the facts.

I've done my weeks shop today, it was very busy and in general I've noticed a lot more traffic around today along with quite frankly dubious exercise allowances over the park.

881 the UK figure today. About 2400 in three days for fucks sake

Got to say this shopping for essentials only is a bit bloody weird and authoritarian for my liking, if a supermarket is open and stocks something I think it's up to individuals if they want to buy something or not. If you've had young kids cooped up in the house for 3 weeks I think easter eggs become pretty much essential. I dont like people blatantly breaking government orders and having friends or family over but there seems to be a lot of curtain-twitching going on.

Back