• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Option 6 is likely to fail due to the human a aspect. In a climate where there are people raging about 5G causing Coronavirus and that a vaccine will cause their every movement to be tracked.

No one will believe the app isn't being used to track them and then add in those without smartphones etc. Which is roughly 11% of the population (according to an unverified website I just googled...)

Don't disagree, but them's the options, that's the implications, that's the effect

Not necessarily, I mean as of Saturday Boris himself registered 1 on the positive cases and 0 on the hospital admissions.

I'd argue that's a statistical insignificance, we don't know for sure that Boris was included in the +ive case count and if he is it's unlikely that this is happening on a significant scale. Maybe 10-20 at most per day?

Don't disagree, but them's the options, that's the implications, that's the effect
I don't really agree with the limited analysis in the excerpt (only on gut feeling). I think a hybrid of adaptive triggering and the app and maybe one of the testing regimes is a much more nuanced and useful tool. His segregation into distinct options makes it look like the options would only work in isolation imo.

On a slightly different note,that well known turquoise tracksuit wearing nut job David Icke has claimed that coronavirus communicates using the 5g phone network,and that's how it's spread so quickly,the vaccine will contain trackers to control the human race,and it's all bill gates fault.
As I said well known nutjob

Kevin Maguire on Twitter:
"Stinging admission of failure in CMO Chris Whitty admitting "Germany got ahead on testing" for Covid-19 and the UK can learn from that. Might've saved lives here which is why Ministers are in denial"

On a slightly different note,that well known turquoise tracksuit wearing nut job David Icke has claimed that coronavirus communicates using the 5g phone network,and that's how it's spread so quickly,the vaccine will contain trackers to control the human race,and it's all bill gates fault.
which FINALLY made youtube and Instagram take action against nut bar conspiracy posts and reposts limiting the number of times they're forwarded to prevent them going viral.

I always remembered him as ex-goalkeeper preventing the local sports news on tv. Until he pronounced himself to be 'The Son of God' live on the Wogan show. Most conspiracy nutters I've ever spoken with are heavily anti religion so I've never really understood why on earth the listen to him

Kevin Maguire on Twitter:
"Stinging admission of failure in CMO Chris Whitty admitting "Germany got ahead on testing" for Covid-19 and the UK can learn from that. Might've saved lives here which is why Ministers are in denial"

I'm becoming more and more impressed with Professor Witty. He's grown into the live broadcasts from his initial rabbit in the headlights appearance and doesn't seem prepared to compromise his Global reputation by either supporting or applying any spin to his own personal opinions. If the message going out includes any subtle inaccuracies he usually corrects them and if he feels the message going out needs calming down or needs an injection of realism and caution he says so. He's starting to look very much like our version of Tony Fauci

I was hoping that one of the few positives was that this would help kill the anti-science movement with the anti-vax nutters

They may aswell start blaming spinsters for witchcraft if that's the case then

What burns? witches. What also burns? Wood. What does wood do? Float. Therefore all witches float

I had the pleasure of a ranty phone call from David Icke back in the day when we withdrew his writings about the Royals being reptiles from WH Smith. It was...interesting. Absolutely fucking unhinged.

I had the pleasure of a ranty phone call from David Icke back in the day when we withdrew his writings about the Royals being reptiles from WH Smith. It was...interesting. Absolutely fucking unhinged.

When he as doing the 5 minute midlands football section at the end of the midlands section of bbc news he seemed so normal.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/07/the-road-to-recovery-for-covid-19-patients

If Boris gets through this (and I can't believe I have to underline that I hope he does, but apparently I do) then it still doesn't look great. I don't think he'll be running anything any time soon and once again it's downright irresponsible for the Government to send out messages such as "we believe he'll be back in short order". Unless he's Superman then no he won't.

The latest report into patients admitted into critical care for coronavirus so far in England, Wales and Northern Ireland showed that of 2,249 patients for whom data was available, only 344 (15%) had been discharged alive. A similar number had died (346 patients), while the majority – the remaining 1,559 – were still in critical care.

He's marginally more likely to die than be discharged, and the overwhelming likelihood is that he'll be in hospital for quite a long time.

While I'm at it, stop saying he's "in good spirits" too. I can guarantee you that 0% of people in intensive care have ever been "in good spirits".

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/07/the-road-to-recovery-for-covid-19-patients

If Boris gets through this (and I can't believe I have to underline that I hope he does, but apparently I do) then it still doesn't look great. I don't think he'll be running anything any time soon and once again it's downright irresponsible for the Government to send out messages such as "we believe he'll be back in short order". Unless he's Superman then no he won't.

He's marginally more likely to die than be discharged, and the overwhelming likelihood is that he'll be in hospital for quite a long time.

While I'm at it, stop saying he's "in good spirits" too. I can guarantee you that 0% of people in intensive care have ever been "in good spirits".

Ive been there 3 times, you are NOT in good spirits

Day 18-21 Are typically the days when you start to potentially die I believe. If you get through that then you stand a better chance of being OK. I don’t know where Boris is at, but pretty sure he is before that, so I doubt he will be returning soon one way or other.

I'd argue that's a statistical insignificance, we don't know for sure that Boris was included in the +ive case count and if he is it's unlikely that this is happening on a significant scale. Maybe 10-20 at most per day?

My friend got tested with mild symptoms, tested positive but by the time he has got the result he feels fine anyway (didn’t really feel bad in first place) but because his wife works for NHS they didn’t want her to isolate for no reason so got a test. So now even with a positive test he’s able to go back to work (police) on Saturday which will only be 10 days after symptoms started.

I was hoping that one of the few positives was that this would help kill the anti-science movement with the anti-vax nutters

For me Science has to be basis of all reason - it is constantly researched, theorised, evidenced and challenged. As such, would rather listen to people like Richard Dawkins than Icke unless he has sound scientific basis for his questioning. Religion, superstition, idol worship is a load of bollocks to me. I realise that people can be easily influenced to think a certain way which is why it is important we question those who have authority over us at every opportunity. It is also vitally important to question everything pople like Icke say. What is most important to me is freedom and liberty and there is absolutely no need for any authority to curtail that. When it starts to be curtailed I want to know why and in that respect I reserve the right to be cynical about any ' official line '.

Do you think the Pistols ' God Save the Queen ' was rightfully banned from radio play in 1977.

She ain't no human being ...

Dont get me started on Sex Pistols or Punk in general

Back