• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

He is a father, with another on the way, fighting for his life against a horrendous disease.

Those are the pertinent facts here. You don’t have to be distraught, but there’s something very unseemly about a lot of the reactions I’m seeing.

I'm sure all of Boris' children, if they know who they all are, will be praying for his recovery

My Nan used to say if you can't say anything good say nothing at all. This might be one of those moments where that actually applies.

My Nan used to say if you can't say anything good say nothing at all. This might be one of those moments where that actually applies.

100% this.

I hope he recovers, same as anyone suffering with this terrible disease.

Give it a rest, guys. People's views on Johnson are well known, my own included, and we can assume they won't have changed just because he's ill. There are plenty of other bones to pick with the government without getting into a who-cares-the-least battle.

To quote Templeton Peck "100% this"

Gordon Brown was fantastic on Today again. Speaks so much sense and very clear.

There are literally no levels to which you wont stoop is there ?

Forgiveness is divine, and we all know how we feel in our own heart, which is enough. No one needs anyone else to tell them how they should feel or how they should think, just as would be, should the tables be reversed and Jeremy Corbyn be the on assisted breathing.

From Twitter:

All the bum boys, letter boxes, picaninnies with watermelon smiles, traitorous remoaners, exhausted NHS workers with inadequate PPE, parents queueing at foodbanks, disabled killed by austerity, British citizens in foreign jails and the 'herd' send

@BorisJohnson

best wishes.

Austria are first European country looking at lifting restrictions, their infections have dropped from 40% in Mid March when they imposed a lockdown to 3% now.

if things go to plan:
small shops, DIY Stores etc to open next week
rest of shops from May 1
Restaurants and hotels from Mid-May
Schools sometime after that in May
No public events until June at the earliest
No international travel until a vaccine is developed.

Denmark and Czech Rep also looking to ease restrictions after Easter although not specifying yet dates or how.

Austria are first European country looking at lifting restrictions, their infections have dropped from 40% in Mid March when they imposed a lockdown to 3% now.

if things go to plan:
rest of shops from May 1

Denmark and Czech Rep also looking to ease restrictions after Easter although not specifying yet dates or how.

Some good news at last. They have done very well considering their proximity to Northern Italy. I used to work in Alsace (similarly close to Northern Italy) and my ex-colleagues have said it is like a war zone.

if things go to plan:
rest of shops from May 1

that's encouraging news

Some good news at last. They have done very well considering their proximity to Northern Italy. I used to work in Alsace (similarly close to Northern Italy) and my ex-colleagues have said it is like a war zone.

we are told to trust the experts.

"The key thing is to get to the point where we are confident we have reached the peak and this is now beyond the peak, and at that point I think it is possible to have a serious discussion about all the things we need to do step-by-step to move to the next phase of managing this.

“But I think to start having that discussion until we're confident that that's where we've got to, would I think be a mistake.” Prof Chris Witty

Are they the figures that prove that footballers aren't all working class?

Of course you could provide a full demographic breakdown which could back up your sweeping statement.

Never said 'all' for one thing. We know it's not all because you told me some players had gone to private school. People like Lampard and Oxlade-Chamberlain...

we are told to trust the experts.

"The key thing is to get to the point where we are confident we have reached the peak and this is now beyond the peak, and at that point I think it is possible to have a serious discussion about all the things we need to do step-by-step to move to the next phase of managing this.

“But I think to start having that discussion until we're confident that that's where we've got to, would I think be a mistake.” Prof Chris Witty

I'm not sure I follow your point?

Forgiveness is divine, and we all know how we feel in our own heart, which is enough. No one needs anyone else to tell them how they should feel or how they should think, just as would be, should the tables be reversed and Jeremy Corbyn be the on assisted breathing.

I can honestly say, no there wouldn't if it were Corbyn there

I'm not sure I follow your point?

just that before we rush to end the current lock down, get back to a normal life and get the economy going again, we should be listening to the scientists who are urging caution and saying we currently have no clue where we really are with regards to the full state of play

just that before we rush to end the current lock down, get back to a normal life and get the economy going again, we should be listening to the scientists who are urging caution and saying we currently have no clue where we really are with regards to the full state of play

Yes, well that's the good news isn't it? The experts advising the Austrian government have decided they can start the journey back to normal.

Back