• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Once you're on a ventilator the chances of survival aren't much better than a coin toss. Awful.

Yep heard its not good there, dont fancy going in there if get badly affected with it (which I would).

Treating 2nd largest number of patients outside Dublin which doesnt really stack up considering our population density against the big cities. Until you consider that only place beating it is Cavan again which you wouldnt expect, but it is also a border area, back on 15th March I wrote this (same thing happened following weekend).

"Noticable up here is the difference in attitude between people in the republic and the north, this weekend we have plenty coming over the border to their holiday homes, no issue keeps the place going, but this weekend heard several times that the northerners dont seem to care about the corona, seems to be different messages from different governments."

Not trying to blame anyone as discussed by others people were using models and data as they tried to get a grasp on things as they went along, but was the time when UK was talking about herd immunity theory, suppose if people want to see a clear comparison between the effects of herd and suppression theories here it is, rest of the country saw its numbers double in the last week, in the border areas they trebled.

Foreign Minister Simon Coveney just tweeted “Everyone in Ireland is tonight wishing @BorisJohnson well

I just said to the Mrs I bet if we went in the Reel tonight we could prove him wrong.......

Is that true?

(Genuine question, I have no idea)

My ex was been a band 7 in itu for nearly a decade, and even in general terms she's said c30% of people that go in, don't come out. The survival rate for overweight, over 50s males that are intubated is about 50%. This is devastating news for his family, and pretty devastating for the whole county if he dies.

Edit just seen a banner saying he's not yet on a ventilator.

stats for cv-19 once on a ventilator are a straight coin flip.

If he wasn't David Cameron wouldn't be sending “Thinking of @BorisJohnson and his family tonight. Get well soon. You are in great hands and we all want you safe, well and back in
@10DowningStreet messages out
.”

Yeah but... they're not taking up a scarce ITU bed unless they have to. He might not be on a ventilator now, but if he's there, it'll be because they think it's not improbable.

Ugh. Don't really know what to do with myself this evening. The whole thing is so numbing.

Not saying Politicians can be unthinking individuals but lots of best wishes for Boris and family appearing all over twitter from world leaders and colleagues, but I've yet to see one include 7 month pregnant Carrie Symonds

Yeah but... they're not taking up a scarce ITU bed unless they have to. He might not be on a ventilator now, but if he's there, it'll be because they think it's not improbable.

Ugh. Don't really know what to do with myself this evening. The whole thing is so numbing.

yup. It's not a nice a nice feeling at all.

Not saying Politicians can be unthinking individuals but lots of best wishes for Boris and family appearing all over twitter from world leaders and colleagues, but I've yet to see one include 7 month pregnant Carrie Symonds

Yeah was saying this exact thing to my wife earlier.

Thoughts go out to her too, terrible timing for this to happen

horrid news. find myself hoping boris is still leading the country this time next year, or if not it’s because he chose to enjoy family life after we’ve got through this crisis. we/gvt/nation seem to have massively underestimated this.

Yep, hope he gets through this

I might not be a fan but I would never wish this on him or his family. I hope with all my heart he pulls through. Same as for every family with a relative in the same situation.

With what, his magic pills?

With friends like that, who needs enemies.

we have a company, ... aids, ebola... they talk a language most people don't understand, but I do , I understand its pretty advanced, and they have offices in London, we've sent a team , we are going to do everything we can to help and make sure everything is ok.....

He never misses an opportunity

Me and the Mrs had a bet on how long it would take before he said something about Boris condition and having acting quicker than us, and it took 20 minutes in Q&A.

'they tried to ride it out... we acted quicker.....'

Back