• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Source: Johnson will have artificial lung ventilation
00:05 06.04.2020 (updated: 00:09 04/06/2020)
Prime Minister Boris Johnson speaks at Downing Street in London
© RIA News / Justin Griffiths-Williams
LONDON, Apr 6 - RIA News. British Prime Minister of Great Britain Boris Johnson will undergo artificial lung ventilation, a source close to the leadership of the national health system in England told RIA Novosti .
"Johnson is urgently hospitalized, they will undergo artificial ventilation of the lungs," the source said.
Earlier, an official spokesman for the prime minister said that Johnson, who was diagnosed with coronavirus and continues to have cough and fever, was hospitalized on Sunday evening on the recommendation of his doctor as a precaution. At the same time, they noted on Downing Street that Johnson continues to lead the government and is in touch with the cabinet.

It does kinda make a mockery of our UK stance that after 7 days you are ok to come out of quarantine.

It does kinda make a mockery of our UK stance that after 7 days you are ok to come out of quarantine.

Matt Hancock is OK. The quicker we can get these antibody tests the better.

Max is clearly a credible journalist, but Russian state media hardly seems a trustworthy source tbf. But I do think it's more than precautionary

Max is clearly a credible journalist, but Russian state media hardly seems a trustworthy source tbf. But I do think it's more than precautionary

If he's not getting better, it makes sense to put him where there are ventilators I guess. RIA always like to stir it up. Shame Donald isnt on tonight, he'd definitely blab

Theyre desperate for Equipment, the Mrs Mother is hand making masks at home at the moment for the local hospital. Does anyone know where the HSE bought the useless PPE from? Spain bought their dodgy test kits from an unauthorised source, there are USA states buying off companies selling PPE on e-bay With a world wide shortage and masses of comeptition, America gazzumping other countries, it would be very tempting to unknowingly buy some cheap unauthorised kit if it was found or off a Company that approached the HSE with a stonking offer

Well, the wife says she thinks the equipment was bought from 'a single contractor' but she's not sure.
€200 million anyway.
In my own small experience, plenty of Chinese products are good quality, quality control lets them down badly though.
Also, if you order something that is out of stock they will send something 'similar' and claim they are doing you a favour.
Looks like they are doing it on an industrial scale with this.

Well, the wife says she thinks the equipment was bought from 'a single contractor' but she's not sure.
€200 million anyway.
In my own small experience, plenty of Chinese products are good quality, quality control lets them down badly though.
Also, if you order something that is out of stock they will send something 'similar' and claim they are doing you a favour.
Looks like they are doing it on an industrial scale with this.

It was these guys. https://www.crpharm.com/EN/acp/oc/

Letterkenny are begging for equipment, they have very very little PPE, don't know if this is the cause, the Mrs Mum has been making masks for them for over weeks though

I would imagine they'd be spread out far enough there

MV5BYTNjYThmNmUtNjZjMC00NThmLWIxN2ItM2RiNDgxYjQ4MmFiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXRodW1ibmFpbC1pbml0aWFsaXplcg@@._V1_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_.jpg

Theyre expecting to get hit quite hard which is why 80 Dr's flew half way round the world to get home and are just about to leave Quarantine to go to placements across the country

Letterkenny are begging for equipment, they have very very little PPE, don't know if this is the cause, the Mrs Mum has been making masks for them for over weeks though

Yep heard its not good there, dont fancy going in there if get badly affected with it (which I would).

Treating 2nd largest number of patients outside Dublin which doesnt really stack up considering our population density against the big cities. Until you consider that only place beating it is Cavan again which you wouldnt expect, but it is also a border area, back on 15th March I wrote this (same thing happened following weekend).

"Noticable up here is the difference in attitude between people in the republic and the north, this weekend we have plenty coming over the border to their holiday homes, no issue keeps the place going, but this weekend heard several times that the northerners dont seem to care about the corona, seems to be different messages from different governments."

Not trying to blame anyone as discussed by others people were using models and data as they tried to get a grasp on things as they went along, but was the time when UK was talking about herd immunity theory, suppose if people want to see a clear comparison between the effects of herd and suppression theories here it is, rest of the country saw its numbers double in the last week, in the border areas they trebled.

with the new influx of Doctors coming back from Oz, the non cv-19 patients being switched to Dublin there's plenty of capacity At Letterkenny, I'm told it's it's literally empty, it's PPe they desperately need. The Republic's always been pretty spot on with dealing with issues like this, the foot and mouth outbreaks good example, and the population are listening to what they're being told, but like you say, the North not so much, but hey, not much change there.

This was written by written by Stuart McDonald, Head of Demographic Assumptions and Methodology at Lloyds Banking Group which is probably worth reading and discussing. It dispels some of the falsehoods being disseminated influencing how people view the current situation and the level of risk danger ahead with future actions being discussed.
I wont add anything to it, I'll you can make up your own mind. It's not an attempt to to make or spread a political point, it's with the same intention I've had from when I first joined this thread, which is to try and keep as many people safe as possible and help save as many peoples lives by countering narratives that are being put out that could end up costing lives by people who have their own agenda, which may not be entirely in everyone's best interest. I'll leave the rest to Stuart, it's up to you if you believe him or not, if you think he's qualified to make these statements and , there is a link to the report at the bottom.

There’s been a bit of an unpleasant and inaccurate narrative over recent days that the majority of COVID-19 deaths were people who were “at death’s door” in any case. That they died “with” rather than “of” the disease. I want to address that. I’ll refer to yesterday’s update from the Intensive Care National Audit and Research Centre (ICNARC).

The first thing that jumps out from the medical history section of Table 1 is that 93% of those critically ill with COVID-19 were “able to live without assistance in daily activities” prior to developing the disease. That typically suggests reasonable health.

pic 1.jpg

Secondly, just 7% of 2,124 intensive care admissions had “very severe comorbidities”. That’s significantly less than typical viral pneumonia patients (as illustrated in table 1)

Lastly, for now, the age distribution. Most critical cases are aged between 50 and 80. People of this age, without severe comorbidities, could reasonably have expected to have years of life ahead of them before they contracted this disease.

oic 2.jpg
There‘s a danger of drawing conclusions from ICU admissions that I ought to bring out. Given capacity limits there will inevitably be some triage going on, ie admitting those with the best chance of survival. This will skew the data to some extent.

Still, this data covers all admissions from the start of the epidemic until 3 April. For much of that period we are told that spare capacity was available so this data should not be skewed too much away from the typical critical case

Hopefully this goes some way to addressing the false narrative that these people would have died soon anyway, and we’ll hear rather less of it from journalists and commentators who ought to know better

Full report

The Sun are preparing their readers for their campaign to end isolation. It went so well when Murdoch got Fox News to deny the severity of the virus
a0343de1d2d7c38261b88081666f7d3b.jpg
c63e58116582623875b92180917cbe30.jpg

Back