• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Amazing how many people were out enjoying the sun today.

Nope, people aren’t to blame for the spread of this disease. Nope, not at all.

I would've said the opposite was true, based on around here.

Two interesting things I've found on my journey round cyberspace this afternoon

An article from the bmj suggesting 4/5 of people with covid19 are asymptomatic and questioning the value of lockdown if the virus is already out

https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj...ampaign=usage&utm_content=daily&utm_term=text

And this data based on self reporting

https://covid.joinzoe.com/data

Stick the two together and we end up in a position where a significant portion of the population have either got it or already had it, say 30% in some areas. If that's true then achieving 60% in those areas seems possible in not much time.

Again, antibody tests are vital but more thinking that we're much further on than we think.

Interesting reading. Everything all comes down that big word, If.

Interesting reading. Everything all comes down that big word, If.

I'm calling it now, in 4 weeks time things will look very different

By the time the govt have really got mobilised we'll be over the worst of it

The first article tends to back up what the WHO have been saying all along, Testing, Testing, Testing is the key. Find whose got it and get them out of the general population, which is what the Chinese did and what the Germans have become so adept at. That has a massive effect on the accuracy of the data and the conclusions extrapolated from them. Otherwise it could be a case of shit into a shit model and shit out out.

This, I really want to be true. End of April, we all get back to normal and try and make some positive changes to the world that we all benefit from.

This, I really want to be true. End of April, we all get back to normal and try and make some positive changes to the world that we all benefit from.

And me I'm going to celebrate that day with a night in with the wife !

That really isn't good. Overweight, 55 years old. And whatever you think of the man, and I am one of the worst for slagging him, he has a kid on the way.

I would've said the opposite was true, based on around here.
I'd agree. Been noticeably quieter on the roads round here compared to toher days. Definitely quieter than yesterday.

Not a chance will this be over in 4 weeks mate. 4 weeks will likely be the halfway stage at best.

Boris has just gone into hospital it appears. I thought his symptoms were mild? Not that one has ever had cause to question his integrity...

Does that mean Raab is in charge..?

Does that mean Raab is in charge..?

Has to now. Unless Boris is setting up an office in his Hospital Room.

On behalf of the entire nation, get well very very very VERY soon Boris

So from LK - Raab to chair the meeting in the morning but Boris still in charge.

Have to wonder why he has put Raab in line to cover if he can't trust him to step in even when he is admitted to Hospital

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52171694

What fucking hope is there of people staying in when the Scottish CMO decides to take the family to her second home?

Fucking stupid irresponsible cow. Sack her, her position can't be tenable?

Have you ever read something so moronic it's given you Forrest Whittaker eye?

She was idiotic. She got bollocked. And it would be hard to apologise more publicly.

Her, Walker and Grealish up for the idiot of the outbreak award.

Not an emergency admision but on the advice of his doctor as a precautionary measure for routine tests due to the persistence of his symptoms. He will remain in hospital overnight and Raab will chair tomorrow's meeting

Sadly yes. Honourable mention for our PM - I'm still shaking hands looks a faux pas now. He may be a fool, but I wouldn't wish him to get the worst of this, and hospital admissions aren't done for fun when they are this stretched.

Back