• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cardiff Away Build Up Thread

I don't see it. He hasn't been great but he's been better than Jota and Leo combined for me.

I didn’t say he wasn’t, read my previous post as to why. The shape is fucked with Afobe wide.

Afobe is coming deep for the ball regularly. He shouldn't be in that area of the pitch though.

That was one match. They have a better defensive record than we do.
It's the only time I've watched them this season and they got wrecked by Leon Clarke and a bunch of League 1 midfielders supporting him. Can't say either way off today's evidence as they've been completely untested so far, a TWF back four could've stood up to Wolves front three in that half of football.

Sorry mate, but that’s gibberish. He’s the only one of the front three showing for the ball.

He's been shit Jinks, easy to read and whilst trying hard is OK his work on the ball has been crap, slow and at times detrimental to our pace of play.

Anybody can show for the ball in their own half and pass it back from where it came, Edwards made a career out of it. We're not that team anymore.

Afobe's been involved quite a lot. He's not been amazing but he's getting himself on the ball. His link up has been the best out of the front three tbh, even if most of it has been too deep.

I can't really criticise Benik too much when he's not playing in anything like his regular position. He's done OK considering IMO.

Jota has been a bit unlucky so far but doesn't look as sharp as he usually does either. Leo just needs the summer ASAP.

It's the only time I've watched them this season and they got wrecked by Leon Clarke and a bunch of League 1 midfielders supporting him. Can't say either way off today's evidence as they've been completely untested so far, a TWF back four could've stood up to Wolves front three in that half of football.
If we weren't 39 games into the season you'd have a point, but we are. We're past their goals against tally being a fluke.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Safe to say Jota isn't fit, Afobe's doing more than
either Jota or Leo.
Wonder if Neves knock has had an effect on him (looked like Saiss caught him.

That was one match. They have a better defensive record than we do.
Not really. They've conceded three goals less, but we have three more clean sheets.

If we weren't 39 games into the season you'd have a point, but we are. We're past their goals against tally being a fluke.

I still don't think you can use that record to give them kudos today, there's nothing to show they're playing exceptionally well to keep Wolves out, they haven't broke a sweat.

I didn’t say he wasn’t, read my previous post as to why. The shape is $#@!ed with Afobe wide.
Well what I mean is that if Leo or Jota could complete a pass it wouldn't be so bad. As it is I don't think it matters what style we try, if our front three can't pass it five yards we're in a pickle.

I would tend to agree with Mark. We haven't even tested them. They won't have have faced an easier half this season, I would imagine.

I still don't think you can use that record to give them kudos today, there's nothing to show they're playing exceptionally well to keep Wolves out, they haven't broke a sweat.
Fair point, although I still think the context of their overall record is relevant.

I would tend to agree with Mark. We haven't even tested them. They won't have have faced an easier half this season, I would imagine.

I think a combination of our sluggishness in final third with what is pretty much a back six at times is what is topping us really. I think Cav can provide the impetus we need mind.

Missed Neves and Jota's shots then?

Back