• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cardiff Away Build Up Thread

Decent half. We've predictably had a lot of possession with Cardiff hard to break down. They have had the better chance though. We have played some really nice passages of play at times.

Leo just looks heavy. He's done some decent bits of play but then lets himself down as well. I can see the thinking from Nuno really, when he comes off (I'd give it 10-15) Morrison and Bamba will have a very different type of forward to come up against, with fresher legs you'd think.

Benik has done OK I thought considering he's out on the right.

Dean giving them free kicks when we simply breathe on them is quite annoying. He's given us very little in similar circumstances so far.

Cav needs to come on for Leo, and push Afobe up top.

I don't know who has been more ineffective out of Afobe, Jota or Leo. The sooner one of Cav, Costa or Morgan come on the better.

Happy with 0-0 at half time though.

Afobe has run his socks off and held the ball up well, no complaints from me there. No way we can win this game carrying players. Bonatini off, Saiss off. Give Jota 20 minutes more.

Saiss? Apart from one rush of blood with that long distance shot he's been perfectly fine.

Not a lot in it so far, interesting that Zohore is playing on top of Boly and is having the better of that duel so far. Although as said above Boly has probably been our best outlet and player on the ball. Got to be a change in the front 3 at half time surely?

Really not sure how Benik is one you're calling out, there, Dan.

Gives up too easily, hides too much. He did ok first 10-15 mins but after that he may as well not have been on the park. He is what he is, a playground goalhanger and there's still a place for that, not in this team though.

Afobe and Bonatini just not working, we need Cav and Costa on as the outlets just aren’t there for Neves’ passing and the wide play is non-existent which is rendering Doherty and Douglas redundant for the most part.

I don't think any of the front three have been any good. Jota and Leo have been abysmal. I'd hook both for MGW and Cav. Play Afobe back through the middle.

Boly has been immense.

I don't think Nuno will be too hasty in making changes. He will want to put Cav and Helder on against more tired legs.

When can we all agree that Bonatini’s goalscoring run at the start of the season was new club syndrome? Unfortunately, he’s just not very good. His movement off the ball has been appalling and his link play has been non-existent. Afobe has been much better and at least he’s trying.

Leo off, Cav on. It has to be.

Aside from Jota and Leo we haven't really been bad. Cardiff are exceptionally tough to break down.
Their porous performance against Sheff Utd says they're anything but difficult to break down, just Wolves have offered very little to test them in the final third thus far.
Jota has no focal point for his creativity though. Bonatini seems to constantly be too deep.
Doesn't matter what's playing alongide him at the moment, nothing Jota does is working, looks like he's trying to hard and looking to force the issue but just ends up with loads of mistakes.

Bonatini has to come off, he's been anonymous, bring Costa or Cavaleiro on and move Afobe on, he's not perfect but he's at least been fairly busy. Give Jota another 10 tops and if there's no improvement he's making way as well.

Gives up too easily, hides too much. He did ok first 10-15 mins but after that he may as well not have been on the park. He is what he is, a playground goalhanger and there's still a place for that, not in this team though.

Sorry mate, but that’s gibberish. He’s the only one of the front three showing for the ball.

Their porous performance against Sheff Utd says they're anything but difficult to break down, just Wolves have offered very little to test them in the final third thus far.

That was one match. They have a better defensive record than we do.

The wingbacks not being effective going forward is at least in part because the front 3 just aren't linking with them. There's little to no understanding between Afobe and Doherty, and on the other side Jota seems determined to stay away from the touchline as much as he can (before giving it away)

Because he’s killing our style of play.

I don't see it. He hasn't been great but he's been better than Jota and Leo combined for me.

Sorry mate, but that’s gibberish. He’s the only one of the front three showing for the ball.

Is he?! News to me.

I've seen this performance from him dozens of times.

Beniks been worlds better than Leo and Jota. He’s completed a pass and at least ran around a bit.

I don't think any of them are hiding. Benik has looked sharper whereas Leo and Jota don't look 100% fit to me.

Back