• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cardiff Away Build Up Thread

Saiss? Apart from one rush of blood with that long distance shot he's been perfectly fine.

That's all he has done. Passenger, surplus to requirements against these. Coady, Boly, Bennett, Douglas and Doc have been more creative and defended more than he has.

Doherty looks neutered when he goes forward as he's not going to create on his own & Afobe isn't best suited to that position

Andrews indicated that he expected movement between our front 3 - there hasn't been any. If Costa's family situation has tired him then we still hav Cav or MGW to come in there & push Benik to the middle

Jota not great so far, but would leave him on for a bit as he can produce a moment of magic

You're right, YoungWolf, I'm inclined to think this is what Nuno was anticipating, keep it calm in the 1st half and then bring on the pace and decisiveness at some point in the 2nd.

More shit play from Afobe there as he plays a superb ball through to Bonatini.

It's been a weird one, at times we've found loads of time and space in good positions but the passing has been terrible and no one is making the right runs for the player on the ball. As I said before they are stifling our wing backs so our usual outlet is gone. Cav has to come on for Leo.

I didn't, Johnny, but I will say we were hardly threatening.

Leo of the post, but would have been surprised if he had managed to score from where he was

Terrible second touch by Leo after such good movement. So nearly got the finish off!

Shit touch took him away from goal. Then shouldhave put it on Jotas plate. Then spooned it in the stand.

Good attempt from Leo but he should have had a much easier chance. Poor first touch.

Oof. Outrageous attempt from Leo there.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If Leo plays the ball through to Afobe, rather than the other way around, we score there.

We're clearly able to be the better team here, especially if Cav/Costa comes on.

All set up for them to score against the run of play at some point. Undeservedly.

Costa on about 57 minutes too late.

Back