• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cardiff Away Build Up Thread

This is pretty poor from us. I thought the foul by Doherty was a blatent pen.

If we are concerned about fatigue with Costa and cav bring on MGW, there just has to be some element of creativity and agility/pace added

Aye, I wouldn't be at all opposed to bringing Morgan on in one of the wide forward spots. Leo off, Morgan wide right, Afobe central.

Cardiff have kept out wing backs very quiet which has been part of the reason for our lack of cutting edge imo, been reliant on the front 3 who haven't linked up well enough

This is pretty poor from us. I thought the foul by Doherty was a blatent pen.

Aside from Jota and Leo we haven't really been bad. Cardiff are exceptionally tough to break down.

1/10 for Jota and Leo. Jota zero effort or desire, Leo just pub standard ability

Well, we are the better team. But Cardiff look far more likely to score. And obviously a disadvantage playing with 10 men: not sure Bonatini is playing?

Jota has no focal point for his creativity though. Bonatini seems to constantly be too deep.

Cardiff have kept out wing backs very quiet which has been part of the reason for our lack of cutting edge imo, been reliant on the front 3 who haven't linked up well enough

Agree with that. Their full backs have not gone forward at all

What a dismal game of football. We offered absolutely nothing in that half. To be fair Cardiff didn't fare much better although they did look more incisive than we did.

Decent first 20, not so good after that. Need to get Ruben back on the ball more because he was running the show early on.

Ben and Leo have both been shit.

Blackwell is a horrible fat wanker.

Ruddy's handling has been excellent so far.

I think we were all surprised with Leo's inclusion given his run of form. He's been very very poor and could have cost us at the end of the half. Why MGW isn't ahead of him in the pecking order is beyond me. Cav on for Leo or MGW. We need some flair up front.

Front three proving to probably not be the right call. Cav for Leo at half time for me.
Coady's passing has also been unusually slack today. Long cross fields not coming off and has passed it away a couple of times trying to keep it short.

Defended fairly solidly though. Just Doherty switching off giving them their only real chance. Anyone's game still.

Way too much respect for them. Drag Leo, he’s miles off the pace. Let’s play OUR game.

Afobe has run his socks off and held the ball up well, no complaints from me there. No way we can win this game carrying players. Bonatini off, Saiss off. Give Jota 20 minutes more.

Really not sure how Benik is one you're calling out, there, Dan.

Half time - we have been solid, but unspectacular

Happy with MGW on or Cav or Costa or even two of those

Afobe, Leo & Jota not working.

Having said that could easily live through another half like that - some reasonable football & no goals & go home with a point

Still very capable of winning this

Back