• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bristol City (A) 30/12 Build-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jota not been at his best for a while, i'd agree. He's getting back there though and should play but Costa has to play after his performance at Millwall imo so i'd drop Cav and bring him on.

Hasn't Jota started in every league game so far? I would be very surprised if he was 'rested'.

Cardiff losing massive chance for us tomorrow

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Cardiff losing massive chance for us tomorrow

Did you see the game, Siggy? Having watched the second half I would say that Cardiff losing is a massive chance for Derby and Bristol City but we should no more worry about Warnock's team than an elephant should worry about a gnat. StuardoWolf's assessment of the game as mid-table League Two scrap was exactly right: endless long balls and no wonder Cardiff are bottom of the possession stats. Whatever sport they were playing it wasn't the same one we play under Nuno. The Blades - Bristol City game was of only marginally higher quality so we really should not fear anyone - or worry about anyone - in this league. Yes, we will lose the odd game and yes, other teams will increasingly resort to kicking us, but we are going up and we are going up as champions.
PS It is Sunday tomorrow: we should all go to church and thank God that we never signed Jordan Hugill...

Almost certain Cardiff and Derby fans will be hoping that we win tomorrow.

Almost certain Cardiff and Derby fans will be hoping that we win tomorrow.

My Derby supporting gf has already said she hopes we win today as it helps them

Jota not been at his best for a while, i'd agree. He's getting back there though and should play but Costa has to play after his performance at Millwall imo so i'd drop Cav and bring him on.
Ridiculous thing is,yes Jota hasn't been "on it" as such recently and I think his first touch is not what it was (winter pitches?)

BUT...he's still waaaaayyyyy ahead of what we've been viewing previously that it shows how ridiculously spoilt we all were watching his early season form.

Did you see the game, Siggy? Having watched the second half I would say that Cardiff losing is a massive chance for Derby and Bristol City but we should no more worry about Warnock's team than an elephant should worry about a gnat. StuardoWolf's assessment of the game as mid-table League Two scrap was exactly right: endless long balls and no wonder Cardiff are bottom of the possession stats. Whatever sport they were playing it wasn't the same one we play under Nuno. The Blades - Bristol City game was of only marginally higher quality so we really should not fear anyone - or worry about anyone - in this league. Yes, we will lose the odd game and yes, other teams will increasingly resort to kicking us, but we are going up and we are going up as champions.
PS It is Sunday tomorrow: we should all go to church and thank God that we never signed Jordan Hugill...
Yes I watched it dreadful game mostly. Preston tried to play a bit of football but watching them makes me realise how good we are. Our so called bad performances were better than both sides.

I don't see Cardiff being anywhere near the top 2 playing like that.

Really excited about today's game should be a good test and I think they will come at us which should leave space for our front 3, can't wait!!

"Premier League? You're having a laugh." Exact summary of the Cardiff - Preston game right there

Is it wrong of me to be smiling while thinking Cardiff can't handle cold winters nights or cope with the physicality of the Championship.....

"Premier League? You're having a laugh." Exact summary of the Cardiff - Preston game right there
Yes indeed they would get smashed to bits playing like that in the PL

Reports of a storm in the south-west later - reminds me of a previous game with Bristol City where, I think, we went a couple up, SEB missed a sitter, then they hit back for a draw.

Reports of a storm in the south-west later - reminds me of a previous game with Bristol City where, I think, we went a couple up, SEB missed a sitter, then they hit back for a draw.
Yep. Good old Dele Adebola came on and caused absolute havoc.

Neither keeper could clear the halfway line towards the Atyeo as the wind was so strong.

The forecast is grim this evening, so looks like more of the same!

Going to be wet & windy later on so will need to keep the ball on the deck

Suspect that we can do that better than they can

I’ve managed to get myself on the train in which is the first victory of the day considering it took me about two and a half hours last night to do what should have been a thirty minute journey home from a night out...

I’m pretty confident we will be able to play our normal game. Bristol city leave a lot of space when attacking which will be a nice change to teams just camping in their own half

I’ve managed to get myself on the train in which is the first victory of the day considering it took me about two and a half hours last night to do what should have been a thirty minute journey home from a night out...

I’m pretty confident we will be able to play our normal game. Bristol city leave a lot of space when attacking which will be a nice change to teams just camping in their own half

Catching the 12.51 from down here - one of the shorter journeys I get

Would expect this to be a more open game than some we have had lately - hopefully weather conditions don't get too bad & affect that

I'll be in the Tobacco Factory from about 3.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back