• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bristol City (A) 30/12 Build-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can only have 7 non home grown players in the squad.
However, Boly, Douglas, Saiss, Jota, Leo, Costa, N'Diaye, Cav and Neves makes 9 to me!
Do they not count if they are U21?

Maybe loan players count differently?

It's nothing to do with the home grown rule We only had 6 on Tuesday and have 8 today. It's not loan players either, we have 5 in total and that's how many you are allowed

Worried to see Batth back in the team. And see no reaosn at all for him to be captain

Worried to see Batth back in the team. And see no reaosn at all for him to be captain

He is the club captain. I don't think it will have surprised any of our players that if Danny starts a match he'll get the armband for it.

Not that I particularly think a black piece of fabric means all that much in the grand scheme of things...

We'll just have to disagree on that one. He's simply not a leader and never will be.

Whether or not he wears the armband doesn't change anything, though. If he and Coady are on the pitch at the same time, the band is immaterial. Everyone knows who the leader is and no piece of polyester affects that.

I imagine he's in to try and help shackle Flint and Baker at set pieces.

We'll just have to disagree on that one. He's simply not a leader and never will be.
Different arguments really. I also don't believe he is a leader, but as he's club captain then he has to be skipper on the pitch that call was made back in August. The lack of an armband won't affect the way Coady marshalls the side anyway.

Different arguments really. I also don't believe he is a leader, but as he's club captain then he has to be skipper on the pitch that call was made back in August. The lack of an armband won't affect the way Coady marshalls the side anyway.

Hope you're right. I've stuffed some humble pie in the oven ready for when he scores the winner in the 90th minute...

I can see why Batth is playing. No complaints with the side and this debate over captaincy is silly. Coady will be vocal and organising armband or not.

Very strong winds picking up now.

I imagine he's in to try and help shackle Flint and Baker at set pieces.

He was piss poor against both in the first game. Not sure I would've brought him back after he was atrocious against Flint in particular.

Bristol City - Wolves Matchday thread

Win this and we go 10 points clear. The stuff of fantasy...

Ruddy - Batth (c) Coady Boly - Doherty Neves Saiss Douglas - Costa Bonatini Jota

Subs: Norris, Hause, Cav, Bennett, Alf, MGW, Bright

Lost Flint for the corner on Boxing Day last year as well.

Aye - not saying I agree with it, but if seems that's the job he's tasked with.

Brizzle having the better of it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back