• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bristol City (A) 30/12 Build-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do hope that Nuno uses Johnson's interview about them 'doing a job on us, for the good of the league' as part of his team talk.

If they try & have a real go at us then have more faith that we will win (as long as we are not woefully off form)

Would trust our attack v their defence more than the other way round

Suffice to say they will not approach this in the way Sunderland or Ipswich did in our home games v those teams

Gutted to be missing this one but transport issues posed a problem. I’ll put the money saved towards a overnighter in Fulham I think.

Bristol City are on fire at the moment. This game will be as difficult as we will face this season. At our best we wil win, but we must defend better than we did at Millwall. We are there to be shot at, and must respond accordingly.

Fiest time this season I'm going into a game thinking we will lose.

Looking at things so far compared to 08/09 we’re 1 point behind then but this was just before we hit a really bad run of form. We picked up just 37 points in the 2nd half of the season compared to 53 in the first half.

Surprised that some Wolves fans are not expecting something from this game. I have Wolves as clear favourites against any opposition in this division.

Surprised that some Wolves fans are not expecting something from this game. I have Wolves as clear favourites against any opposition in this division.

This is quite right, most believe we could survive in the premier league with our current team, so to me we should win. But as our friend Warnock pointed out yesterday bottom can beat top in this league. (obviously it came to him just after they had lost to Bolton :ursofunny: )

It is hard to accept that we are on the brink and people are scared to get carried away. I've been carried away since we went top and remain so

It is hard to accept that we are on the brink and people are scared to get carried away. I've been carried away since we went top and remain so

I've been carried away since before the season started #superfan.

It's a tough test but one that I expect us to some through.

Best season for years and I cant wait for it to be over, done and dusted.

There will be losses on the way, but given our current points cannot see us not getting sufficient in the second half to not get automatic promotion (whether we get a new record points total is a different issue).

It is remotely possible that we have a bad run, but that also applies to all of the other sides as well. Consider that we have a squad & particularly Manager that are more likely to not let that happen than any of the others.

Not remotely worried about the result of tomorrows game, even if we get gubbed (we wont) I've no doubt that we'll go up this year. This game means far more to Bristol City than it does to us.

Nuno says Cav and Boly both available tomorrow.

I don’t even think he was injured. He wasn’t limping before or as he went off and then he sat on the bench with no ice pack or anything. I thought at the time he was trying to rest him which was a poor decision IMV. Possibly cost us the win.

I don’t even think he was injured. He wasn’t limping before or as he went off and then he sat on the bench with no ice pack or anything. I thought at the time he was trying to rest him which was a poor decision IMV. Possibly cost us the win.

I don't think that Nuno would have taken Boly off unless there was a concern. Maybe he was just feeling the hamstring, so he was replaced quickly to avoid any possibility of aggravating it.

My initial thought was that he would have been a major concern from the sports science department, as he has already had a hamstring injury this season which he was out for longer than we expected at the time. 4 games in 11 days will have meant we had to closely monitored him. My guess is had he played the last twenty minutes he would have been at a really high risk of injury.

Could he have withdrawn himself in protest at the racist chants?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back