• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bristol City (A) 30/12 Build-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even before Batth went off Leo, Costa, and Jota weren't really doing anything.

That's what we did at Sheff Utd and got swamped, it's the correct call.
Not playing Sheff Utd today though are they? You've got to make a fist of what you've got and the current shape has an inbalanced midfield 3 containing Jota with Costa lost up top.

Think Nuno rushed the change, no harm in giving it 5-10 minutes with what's already on the field, now it could end up that you've wasted a change for no positive effect.

Without doubt the quietest set of home fans I've ever heard. Pathetic considering how well they're doing.

he got the ball first and he got there first.
if it was a tackle when one player wasnt stretching for it nothing would have been given.

As long as we have Barry Douglas on set pieces we have a chance.

he got the ball first and he got there first.
if it was a tackle when one player wasnt stretching for it nothing would have been given.
Alli got the ball first the other week when he stamped on de Bruyne's ankle, it was still a dirtbag challenge.

Some of the close control has been lacking, with a bit more quality we have a chance from counter attacks here

We have done well to restrict Brizzle but we only really have set pieces as a chance the other end. One gorgeous through all from Neves to Costa but otherwise nothing. Cling on to a draw maybe or a bit of luck and sneak one.

I think Cav will be on early 2nd half Costa doesn't have the strength up there alone.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

AHH so if there's a 50/50 ball a player should never go for it nowadays just in case.
as I type, Saiss misplaces a ball and both players went for it...slow that down and I bet Saiss had studs showing...should have gone too.
It's purely only an issue when players are stretching for it.

"Getting the ball" is irrelevant if the tackle is dangerous to the opponent.

I love Nuno for his passion but that’s twice he’s got himself sent to the stands now, and in already difficult circumstances that hasn’t helped us at all.

We’ve basically stopped playing since we went down to 10 men & have zero interest in trying to knick a goal.

It's the lunge that makes it a red, whether you win the ball or not isn't in the rules. It's not a red 20 years ago, it is now.

AHH so if there's a 50/50 ball a player should never go for it nowadays just in case.
as I type, Saiss misplaces a ball and both players went for it...slow that down and I bet Saiss had studs showing...should have gone too.
It's purely only an issue when players are stretching for it.

Nobody has said that, but what you can't do is what Batth did. Lunge in, studs first and his studs crash through the guys ankle. If you go in like that, and make contact with your studs, you're going to go. It isn't the 70's anymore

In the eyes of the referee it was. His studs clearly hit the top of the boot of the other bloke in the tackle. For me, a red is unfortunate but it isn't a surprise.

Why are the build up thread and the Matchday thread running together. Couldn't a moderator merge them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back