• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bristol City (A) 30/12 Build-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the replay on sky - studs are down, one footed challenge, he plays the ball well before the city lad gets there, but the momentum takes him into him, clearly no intent - soft red, most of the time that’s a yellow.

O’neills Right in that it’s a stupid challenge because he’s given the ref a decision to make - still soft though.

If we can keep it 0-0 maybe Bright for Costa in the last 15-25 mins to cause havoc? He did at man c..

It's the follow through that has seen him get the red, winning the ball is irrelevant. If that had been on Jota we would have been screaming for a red.

Just saw the replay on sky - studs are down, one footed challenge, he plays the ball well before the city lad gets there, but the momentum takes him into him, clearly no intent - soft red, most of the time that’s a yellow.

O’neills Right in that it’s a stupid challenge because he’s given the ref a decision to make - still soft though.
Agree with all of that. It looked worse than it actually was. The speed he went in because he was making up ground, and the impact on the player is why the ref has given it. Excessive force as Murray said.

Danny clearly shouldn't be tackling if, when he wins the ball, his boot might carry on and touch an opposing player...
This should be a directive for all our players just in case.

If we can keep it 0-0 maybe Bright for Costa in the last 15-25 mins to cause havoc? He did at man c..
If he can play up front on the break the way he did at the Etihad then that would be great. I'm not sure Bristol City will commit so many players forward as Man City though.

I have seen so many worse challenges especially in the chumps Trips..but it is 65 yc 35 rc for me and a very stupid tackle to make that far up the pitch

If there is a team that can make chances despite the scenario then its this Wolves team.

If he can play up front on the break the way he did at the Etihad then that would be great. I'm not sure Bristol City will commit so many players forward as Man City though.
definitely worth trying if it stays like this with 20 left.

You can not complain about that being a red. His lunge made him look out of control and he followed through, albeit seemingly unintentional, which gave the ref very little choice other than sending him off.

I'm a little worried about Bristol's set-piece ability, especially Flint, other than that they aren't really causing us many problems. We have absolutely nothing in response, though.

Wolves home team YC, Wolves away team RC

What worries me is how Tim 2 will still give Bath 7/10

Danny clearly shouldn't be tackling if, when he wins the ball, his boot might carry on and touch an opposing player...
This should be a directive for all our players just in case.

So when Jota gets thrown in the air but there is touch of the ball on the way to clearing him out, I am sure you will be delighted.

Absolutely shit pass from Costa when he could have put Jota through. Cavaleiro would be better I think

Forgot about cavaleiro..double change maybe
Edit: or not, we have no subs left then

Bright for Costa. Seeing how bright did against man city means he could do well here

Thought Bristol were supposed to be a footballing team? All they have is the hump up to flint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back