• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bristol City (A) 30/12 Build-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Getting the ball" is irrelevant if the tackle is dangerous to the opponent.
Exactly. As has been said, it's not 1982.

It was totally reckless and completely unnecessary and he'll be lucky to play again this season once Nuno sees the replay.

Not playing Sheff Utd today though are they? You've got to make a fist of what you've got and the current shape has an inbalanced midfield 3 containing Jota with Costa lost up top.

Think Nuno rushed the change, no harm in giving it 5-10 minutes with what's already on the field, now it could end up that you've wasted a change for no positive effect.

Nice to be proved wrong eh?

Someone needs to give Jota and Costa a real waxing. They're playing incredibly selfishly.

Stupid from Baath. We've reorganised well but Costa needs to work harder. Bristol lack quality in the final third.

Can we just allmove to the match thread!

Having watched that half..fuck off ref..Ruddy with two good saves in the beginning and batth with a bit stupid tackle but clearly just a yellow, got the ball first..anyway unnessesary in the offensive half of the pitch..not much else to report about other than unlucky for Douglas brilliant freekick and did the fourth ref get Nuno in the stands???? Come on wolves

In the eyes of the referee it was. His studs clearly hit the top of the boot of the other bloke in the tackle. For me, a red is unfortunate but it isn't a surprise.
Exactly. If it was against your team you’d want a red card.

Half time change for me. Cav on for Costa. Cav can play with his back to goal better then Helder.

It needs them merging but I can't do it on my phone.

Batth shouldn't lunge but he clearly wins the ball before the guy comes across him. It's still a bad tackle but not a red, I feel for Danny to be honest.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Nice to be proved wrong eh?
What's proved me wrong?

Wolves are having no impact on the game from what I've seen, City's left back is in for the easiest game of this life with no opponent thanks to Nuno's rushed change ruining the balance of the side.

Batth shouldn't lunge but he clearly wins the ball before the guy comes across him. It's still a bad tackle but not a red, I feel for Danny to be honest.

Agreed.

Sticking to back three the right move IMO, we’ve been very solid. Changing it to a shape where we now have Doc having to do more defending and Coady in a two which i doubt we haven’t worked on much is a bad move. We will have been ready for this.

We are containing them and as they get more desperate (which they will), we will have more opportunities. We’ve already had a couple of breaks where the first pass /touch hasn’t been right yet.

Ooh and that tackle on Jota could gave been a pen too..close

Same.

Wonderful free kick from Barry such a shame that didn't go in.

Red all day long for me utter stupidity from Batth didn’t need to make that challenge.

Watched the replay a few times now. It's a potential red and he gives the referee a decision to make. I don't see why we are complaining about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back