• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bristol City (A) 30/12 Build-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

Sponsored by Amazon Prime. DM me for discounts...
Reaction score
Unlikely to be 1st vs 2nd when we kick off as that requires both Cardiff and Derby to lose beforehand, but still a big game.

Impressed with Bristol City against United but I think we can get at them. Should have taken a battering at Bramall Lane in the other game I've seen of theirs recently, they got lucky though as Blades hit the woodwork four times.

Would play Hause if Boly isn't fit and Costa should start whatever the status of Cav/Leo. Everything else, as you were.

2017/18: D 3-3 (H)
2016/17: W 3-2 (H), L 1-3 (A)
2015/16: W 2-1 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2013/14: W 3-1 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2012/13: W 2-1 (H), W 4-1 (A)
2008/9: W 2-0 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2007/8: D 1-1 (H), D 0-0 (A)
1998/9: W 3-0 (H), W 6-1 (A)
1994/5: W 2-0 (H), W 5-1 (A)

Nuno said neither Cav or Boly injuries were serious. Hopefully this is the case and they came off as a precaution as City are arguably the most in form side of the chasing pack and this will be a tough game

As much as I agree, I very much doubt is in line to be starting. I think he'd be a really good fit on the left of the back three but I can see Miranda coming in for Boly.

I reckon Nuno may go with

------------------Ruddy---------------------

--------Batth----Coady----Miranda---------

Doherty--N'Diaye/Saiss---Neves---Douglas

---------Costa-----Leo------Jota-------------

Subs: Norris, Bennett, Hause, Vinagre, Saiss/N'Diaye, Cavaleiro, Bright,

I could see Vinagre playing too depending on how Douglas is, who has had a couple of injuries this season.

Although I remember reading this about Hause. Just like Bennett, he could easily come from nowhere I suppose. Hope so!

"Kortney Hause is also currently frozen out but, as in the case of Ryan Bennett who was also an absentee until recently, is thought of as an important first-team squad member who could be called upon to slot into the back line in the near future."

https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...17/12/12/exclusive-duo-head-wolves-exit-list/

Not sure where to post this but more classy stuff by [4CDF8BF0-D7E9-45D3-B52E-CC74806A76C1.jpg]mr[/YOUTUBEHD] Glenndenning he’s since deleted the tweet.

had a feeling he would delete that.

He’s stupid enough to think that it wouldn’t be screen shot. He’s already been asked to explain it but no surprise no response.

To be honest who cares? It is quite a while since SJH passed the club on. And we NEVER had any forrun players on his watch at all did we?

Has it really took him 18 months to comment on Wolves new owners/strategy?

No wonder he's a fucking irrelevancy.

To be honest who cares? It is quite a while since SJH passed the club on. And we NEVER had any forrun players on his watch at all did we?

It's the same guy who essentially accused Sir Jack of being at best a bigot, at worst a racist on the Guardian podcast a while back and it's pretty obvious what the insinuation is in that tweet given the context.

Well yes, but it is all irrelevant to our direction now isn't it? I am sure SJH would be quite comfortable with watching Neves and Jota in our colours anyway.

Glendenning going for boring clickbait. Probably as his talkshite mates and warnock want him to do.

I'm not mad keen on the dead being dragged (unfairly) through the mud to be honest. It's not that much better than Saunders' made up nonsense about Brian Clough. Or indeed what Dave Whelan trots out about Norman Deeley.

Think it will be Batth or Miranda in for Boli if he's not fit, Nuno seems to have issues with Hause as even though he was terrific against City, he's hardly featured in the squad never mind getting in the first team since

Think it will be Batth or Miranda in for Boli if he's not fit, Nuno seems to have issues with Hause as even though he was terrific against City, he's hardly featured in the squad never mind getting in the first team since

Because he can only cover one position, really. He'd be horrific on the right hand side. Whereas Batth and Miranda could (and in Rodders' case, have) played on the left, plus we can drop Saiss in there. There's no point in Hause being on the bench when everyone's fit, you don't want to be overloading with defenders just to be "fair". Ken used to do that all the time, hence him being reduced to swapping right backs with 10 minutes to go when we needed a goal.

It’s just an incredibly unneeded comment, it’s obvious he realises he’s cocked up again by deleting the tweet.

Because he can only cover one position, really. He'd be horrific on the right hand side. Whereas Batth and Miranda could (and in Rodders' case, have) played on the left, plus we can drop Saiss in there. There's no point in Hause being on the bench when everyone's fit, you don't want to be overloading with defenders just to be "fair". Ken used to do that all the time, hence him being reduced to swapping right backs with 10 minutes to go when we needed a goal.

Yep, fair points, I agree....still think it will be Danny or Miranda though if required. Tbh I'm expecting Boli to start, hoping it was just precautionary at Millwall

Not sure why I've started putting an 'i' instead of 'y' for Boly......putting it down to PCF.....post Christmas fatigue

Whilst we have been solid at the back, in the last few games we have been wasteful, or not clinical enough, up front.
Some of the opponents have not been good enough to take advantage and our perseverance has been enough.

However, the next games, esp. against Bristol and Swansea, we will have to be better and on our best form putting away any chances that we create using the speed and accuracy that have got us to where we are. We must keep up the momentum that has taken us to the top of the league and then we don't have to worry about what other teams do.

Whilst we have been solid at the back, in the last few games we have been wasteful, or not clinical enough, up front.
Some of the opponents have not been good enough to take advantage and our perseverance has been enough.

However, the next games, esp. against Bristol and Swansea, we will have to be better and on our best form putting away any chances that we create using the speed and accuracy that have got us to where we are. We must keep up the momentum that has taken us to the top of the league and then we don't have to worry about what other teams do.

Totally agree with this and said it on here that we have been wasteful (and even greedy in some respects) recently.
Although there is far far more to Bristol's game then lumping in the box, we MUST watch Flint from set pieces.
Baker may be injured for them and they apparently might have a shuffle around.
Although Sheff hit the post numerous times against them, i still thought Bristol were dangerous every time they came forward and they proved it.

It’s just an incredibly unneeded comment, it’s obvious he realises he’s cocked up again by deleting the tweet.

He's (shock) being a total dick on twitter again tonight. Offering out Wolves' fans and calling them all sorts. Surely his employers will be frowning upon stuff like that?

Pretty weird behaviour for a guy in his position this evening. You'd like to think he'll be embarrassed by it when he reads back through some of his comments in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back