• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bring it on....

He did (scored a belter from RB vs Orient at home) but Stears also did before Christmas. Who knows, maybe they swapped over regularly during the game, like Aké and Gvardiol do at LB for Man City these days.
Yeah I can imagine us pioneering that tactical ingenuity....

Don't forget that before asymmetric formations broke the match engine on Football Manager and meant that anyone could win the Champions League with Runcorn, Dave Jones had already done it.

----------------------Murray------------------

Irwin---------Butler--------Lescott--------Naylor

---------------------Ingimarsson----------------

Newton------Rae/Cameron---Ince----------------

---------------Blake------Sturridge-------------------

Check fucking mate, dickheads.

What about Glenn Hoddle's great tactical vision of playing Carl Cort and Kenny Miller in wide attacking roles? That was a beaut.

Miller was at wing back under Hoddle too. And he put Leon Clarke on the left wing.

They're quite quiet about us on that forum at the minute - Dingle Watch used to be one of my favourite reads when Nuno was in charge.

They're quite quiet about us on that forum at the minute - Dingle Watch used to be one of my favourite reads when Nuno was in charge.

Aston Villa are their real rivals don't you know...

I asked Mini Langers if his friends at school are hyped about this game.

He's just turned 15 so has had very little experience of the BCD - it's just gone massively under the radar with that age group, which makes sense. He was only about 3 when we last played each other with fans in the ground.

Even his Albion supporting friends don't seem that bothered about it.

The joy of no longer having a Twitter account, look I absolutely wouldn’t expect Albion fans to say nice things about us.

A few of them also suggesting they should have charged more than £20, and I think they're right. It's odd they haven't.

One win in a Cup game against financially challenged opponents from a lower division won't wipe away all those years of hurt. Not even if your average Doghead had five hands to count them on
So even if we win, it won't count. :rolleyes:

Dick.

The cheek of it after that covid game at Molineux

They've got to do it first
;)
, my 23 year old lad wasn't even a 'bubble on the horizon the last time I witnessed them win at the Hawthorns. And even then we could have had a penalty and had a perfectly good goal disallowed.

Didn't Alan Buckley come out with that incredible quote "even at 4-1 down we were giving them a right hammering" after the 4-2 win all those years ago?

Always made me laugh.

That's some positive spin when they were 3-0 down inside half an hour and 4-1 down after 53 minutes. At home :D

(FWIW Taylor was onside and it would have gone 4-3 with about 10 to go, but come on now)

Didn't Alan Buckley come out with that incredible quote "even at 4-1 down we were giving them a right hammering" after the 4-2 win all those years ago?

Always made me laugh.
Buckley was an absolute beaut. Incandescent that we wouldn't just give them five yards of space and let them play, in a local derby.

Signed Paul Crichton too and played him.

Back