• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bring it on....

If Albion don't sell out it will definitely be pretty embarrassing given how they regularly squawk about our attendances.

I've found the playing down of the Albion/Wolves rivalry on here a bit odd over the last week or so?

If Albion don't sell out it will definitely be pretty embarrassing given how they regularly squawk about our attendances.

Do they do that?

Would be pretty weird if they did as we've had very few league games with a gate under 30k in five and a half years. Despite continual price rises and quite a bit of rubbish football.

Yeah it's still massive and I'd rather win this than any other one match this season, fucking hate the slags.

I don't get on board with the hating their fans, carrier bag stuff etc, and hate football violence - but it's a really important match and huge rivalry

Do they do that?

Would be pretty weird if they did as we've had very few league games with a gate under 30k in five and a half years. Despite continual price rises and quite a bit of rubbish football.
Yes, yes they do.

That photo of the North Bank from when we played Oldham is regularly posted and used as some kind of evidence.

I don't know if you have any mates who are Albion fans, but that picture, the 5-1, and how long it's been since we beat them at the Hawthorns they regularly "use" without irony despite how much better than them we clearly are now. It's weird.

They hark on about the attendances in the 80's and love digging out the photo of the new North Bank from a game against Oldham when it was basically empty.

Just your standard empty headed Twitter crap.

Yeah it's still massive and I'd rather win this than any other one match this season, fucking hate the slags.

I don't get on board with the hating their fans, carrier bag stuff etc, and hate football violence - but it's a really important match and huge rivalry

Totally agree, the violence can get in the bin.

But I do genuinely hate them and want to absolutely batter them into submission.

Do they do that?

They were posting pictures of empty seats v Brentford the other night 🤣

They hark on about the attendances in the 80's and love digging out the photo of the new North Bank from a game against Oldham when it was basically empty.

Just your standard empty headed Twitter crap.
Not just twitter. In person too.

The 80s stuff is daft as well, as whilst we were getting 4k in the 4th division with cunt owners and a broken ground. They were only getting 12k in the top flight! The 80s were terrible for crowds generally.

I've found the playing down of the Albion/Wolves rivalry on here a bit odd over the last week or so?
I don't think there's much if any playing it down, it's a massive match against our biggest rivals and will be embarrassing if they roll us over again and delightful if we win.

All that doesn't stop the playground crap like Leister and Glasgow have posted and I'm sure plenty of other examples from both sides, being pathetic.

Yes, yes they do.

That photo of the North Bank from when we played Oldham is regularly posted and used as some kind of evidence.

I don't know if you have any mates who are Albion fans, but that picture, the 5-1, and how long it's been since we beat them at the Hawthorns they regularly "use" without irony despite how much better than them we clearly are now. It's weird.
Not really in regular contact with any Albion fans these days.

It's weak as piss if they do that as some kind of serious point, their attendances have never been anything special for a start. Didn't even average 21k for instance in 01/02 when they were battling for (and got) top two in the Championship. Actually a slightly lower average than we had in League One in 13/14.

Not really in regular contact with any Albion fans these days.

It's weak as piss if they do that as some kind of serious point, their attendances have never been anything special for a start. Didn't even average 21k for instance in 01/02 when they were battling for (and got) top two in the Championship. Actually a slightly lower average than we had in League One in 13/14.
The type of people who post this shit are completely incapable of rationalising facts like that though. Thats what makes it so fucking annoying and juvenile.

Not just twitter. In person too.

The 80s stuff is daft as well, as whilst we were getting 4k in the 4th division with cunt owners and a broken ground. They were only getting 12k in the top flight! The 80s were terrible for crowds generally.

Their crowds were awful as late as pre-Megson too. 99/00 they got 9200 at home against Stockport in the league.

thankfully my memories of 80’s football only start from about 1987.
Speaking to the elders every club had low crowds in the 80’s, example being in 83/84 season less than 20k when played Arsenal at Highbury, only 26k at Anfield v Liverpool who were top and about to win a 3rd straight title.
Derelict unsafe stadiums, economic struggle, hooliganism, minor strikes and football just not being that fashionable.

thankfully my memories of 80’s football only start from about 1987.
Speaking to the elders every club had low crowds in the 80’s, example being in 83/84 season less than 20k when played Arsenal at Highbury, only 26k at Anfield v Liverpool who were top and about to win a 3rd straight title.
Derelict unsafe stadiums, economic struggle, hooliganism, minor strikes and football just not being that fashionable.

Bloody kids.

Their crowds were awful as late as pre-Megson too. 99/00 they got 9200 at home against Stockport in the league.
only time they get better crowds than us is when they’re in a higher league. The 00/01 season might be the only outlier. My 90’s memories of them average was between 10-15k

According to that site we're the 14th highest supported club, they're 18th in history.

Back