• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bring it on....

It’s hard to believe that anyone under the age of 33 has no concept of us winning this fixture at the Hawthorns.
11 times played there since September 96 D5 L6. Only scored 4 goals there since then so low I can name them all Akinbiyi 99, Blake 01, O’Hara 2011, Fabio 2021

I haven't been to St Andrews since April 2000 and no plans to ever go again. Absolutely vile that day. Someone got killed by a housebrick FFS.

My only visit there, how the game was allowed to go ahead with the Rover protests going on too was so stupid. All sorts coming off the deranged fuckers above us and then sitting ducks outside while the police watched the kitchen sink come over the fence.

It’s hard to believe that anyone under the age of 33 has no concept of us winning this fixture at the Hawthorns.
11 times played there since September 96 D5 L6. Only scored 4 goals there since then so low I can name them all Akinbiyi 99, Blake 01, O’Hara 2011, Fabio 2021

I can only recall three times we've beat them since I've started supporting Wolves (1999): 2001, 2007 and 2011.

2007 was my favourite as we had no right to beat them, really.

I personally hate Blues more than West Brom and the hostility at some of those games has been rancid.

Growing up the Villa mates I had sort of looked at us a cute little brother where they sent their players to retire. Real dislike from Villa now though 😅

We hung back and waited in there that long last time the team came out and got on their coach which was also parked in there.
When you used to get half the Tilton you had the issue of it being the other side of the ground, but at least you could merge in pretty quickly apart from games when we were kept behind by WMP

I have always disliked Blues a lot more than WBA and Villa. Not sure if it's an age thing (I'm mid-30s) but I can't stand them. I don't think I have ever met a nice Blues fan but I've met plenty of lovely WBA and Villa ones.
It's weird, Blues fans seem to be proper scumbags. I worked with a really nice lad who was a blues fan, we used to joke in the office about what a shame it was for him.

It's weird, Blues fans seem to be proper scumbags. I worked with a really nice lad who was a blues fan, we used to joke in the office about what a shame it was for him.

Maybe I've met some but they've just not confessed to being Blues fans, can't blame them really ;)

I have always disliked Blues a lot more than WBA and Villa. Not sure if it's an age thing (I'm mid-30s) but I can't stand them. I don't think I have ever met a nice Blues fan but I've met plenty of lovely WBA and Villa ones.
I shall be in the pub with a Blues fan, he's a really nice guy.

Never really got the x club has shit fans argument. 3 of my best mates including my best man are Blues fans. Football fans are normal people, some people are twats, some aren't, some of those twats follow football. Some clubs attract more twats...Wolves aren't exactly popular with other clubs fans

Villa fans are ALL arrogant, entitled pricks though 😉

Last edited:
You want entitled, we had a load of Ridsdale era (before the shit hit the fan) Leeds fans at uni.

Fucking hell.

I think Leeds, Villa & Newcastle could have their own little self entitled league

I'd add Liverpool to the list, just on the back of the "you've got no history" chant they use.

I don't care if it's factual, means naught to the match happening on the pitch.

The rivalry with Blues in the 90s was toxic, you only have to watch how wild the scenes are when Bully scored that last minute strike for the 3-2 at Molineux to get an understanding of this, utter joyous madness.
That Kevin Francis penalty...still the most incredible decision I've ever seen... 2 mins 10 secs approx

That Kevin Francis penalty...still the most incredible decision I've ever seen... 2 mins 10 secs approx

I was dead level with this in the family enclosure with my Dad so we had a perfect view of that 'penalty'. We were killing ourselves laughing until we realised that the dickhead ref was pointing to the spot.

Back