• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bring it on....

Never really got the x club has shit fans argument. 3 of my best mates including my best man are Blues fans. Football fans are normal people, some people are twats, some aren't, some of those twats follow football. Some clubs attract more twats...Wolves aren't exactly popular with other clubs fans

Villa fans are ALL arrogant, entitled pricks though 😉
Something something you can judge a man by the company he keeps something something :)

Just reading through the last few pages. My one visit to St. Andrews was when a Blues ST mate of mine, said him and his brother couldn't go to the game with Wolves as they were at a wedding, did me and another wolves mate of ours want the tickets. They were 'good' tickets on the half way line in front of the hospitality boxes. Think they were £13 each back then, probably mid 90's? top seats.
Sounds ok.
There was a very old guy in one of the boxes above us, he'd probably be in his late 70's early 80's, had a Wolves scarf on.
The people around us in these 'good' seats were absolute scum, throwing cups and things at the windows of the box the old guy was in, calling him all sorts and gesturing the most appalling ways you can.
We lost the game 1-0.
We just kept our heads down.
The place (the pitch) genuinely stunk of shit.
My mates reckon the fertilizer they used was deliberately stinky to put off the opposition players. 😄
Having said all that, any mates of mine who are Blues fans are good lads, dyed in the wool Brummies, no side to them. When they get in St. Andrews though it's a siege mentality.
It's a long time ago but I wouldn't want to go back.

I was dead level with this in the family enclosure with my Dad so we had a perfect view of that 'penalty'. We were killing ourselves laughing until we realised that the dickhead ref was pointing to the spot.
I was the same.. and that was probably a part of why we all went mental when Bully got that winner.

Just reading through the last few pages. My one visit to St. Andrews was when a Blues ST mate of mine, said him and his brother couldn't go to the game with Wolves as they were at a wedding, did me and another wolves mate of ours want the tickets. They were 'good' tickets on the half way line in front of the hospitality boxes. Think they were £13 each back then, probably mid 90's? top seats.
Sounds ok.
There was a very old guy in one of the boxes above us, he'd probably be in his late 70's early 80's, had a Wolves scarf on.
The people around us in these 'good' seats were absolute scum, throwing cups and things at the windows of the box the old guy was in, calling him all sorts and gesturing the most appalling ways you can.
We lost the game 1-0.
We just kept our heads down.
The place (the pitch) genuinely stunk of shit.
My mates reckon the fertilizer they used was deliberately stinky to put off the opposition players. 😄
Having said all that, any mates of mine who are Blues fans are good lads, dyed in the wool Brummies, no side to them. When they get in St. Andrews though it's a siege mentality.
It's a long time ago but I wouldn't want to go back.
Yes I used to know few blues fans and they were good lads.
Was also in the fancy seats for Blues v Leicester in mid 90s (day out with supplier free beer & food was enough to buy off my principals), saw same carry on by fans in the posh seats at a couple of Leicester fans

Being that I went to games in the late 60s, 70s and early 80s where hooliganism was rampart across all clubs and fans weren't separated I'm quite surprised at the level of hostility of games in the 90s and 2000s.

In my time you had to be careful and if you were then you were generally OK ie the North Bank was actually pretty safe (if you were a Wolves fan) as away supporters tended to congregate in the old South Bank (which I always found odd as it was by far the biggest stand at the old Mol (25K+).

Looking back it was fans from Man Utd, Leeds Utd and Chelsea you had to be very wary of . . . although we did play Millwall once (76/77 old 2nd Division) and I remember their travelling support was pretty hostile and vile.

But I have no real recollections of any real nasty hostility between Wolves and WBA, Villa (late 70s and 80s) and Bram (early to mid 70s).

Being that I went to games in the late 60s, 70s and early 80s where hooliganism was rampart across all clubs and fans weren't separated I'm quite surprised at the level of hostility of games in the 90s and 2000s.

In my time you had to be careful and if you were then you were generally OK ie the North Bank was actually pretty safe (if you were a Wolves fan) as away supporters tended to congregate in the old South Bank (which I always found odd as it was by far the biggest stand at the old Mol (25K+).

Looking back it was fans from Man Utd, Leeds Utd and Chelsea you had to be very wary of . . . although we did play Millwall once (76/77 old 2nd Division) and I remember their travelling support was pretty hostile and vile.

But I have no real recollections of any real nasty hostility between Wolves and WBA, Villa (late 70s and 80s) and Bram (early to mid 70s).
Indeed. Remember being chased by a car load of Utd fans as I was walking down the Tettenhall Road after we beat them 3-1 in the season opener. Managed to escape them but could quite easily have ended up getting bundled in their car and then who knows what might have happened?

Chelsea got in the North Bank once and caused mayhem. Was never too bothered about Leeds but Stoke away was always interesting at their old dump of a ground.

Chelsea got in the North Bank once and caused mayhem.
Yeah the North Bank was safe for Wolves fans and it only got nasty if away supporters dared to venture into it, and any that did, were looking for trouble.

I mostly stood in the lower bottom right (close to the Enclosure) from the mid-70s onwards.

Yeah the North Bank was safe for Wolves fans and it only got nasty if away supporters dared to venture into it, and any that did, were looking for trouble.

I mostly stood in the lower bottom right (close to the Enclosure) from the mid-70s onwards.
There's a fair chance I've stood next to you at some point, although by the late 70s my interest in football wained a bit till the late 80s.

You want entitled, we had a load of Ridsdale era (before the shit hit the fan) Leeds fans at uni.

Fucking hell.
I went to uni with Ridsdales's son - take that entitlement and multiply by 1000 and its still not there.

There's a fair chance I've stood next to you at some point, although by the late 70s my interest in football wained a bit till the late 80s.
It's quite possible then if you were in the same vicinity.

If so I'm sure we'd have shared a few nods and acknowledgements over the years as I recall there were many who had their own "spot" in the stand and without sharing any real conversations were sharing the experience of supporting their team.

My interest and following of Wolves waned considerably when I emigrated to NZ in 1982. Couldn't be helped as coverage was little to non-existent here apart from the score updates and the weekly The Big Match replay (a week later). With Wolves tumbling down the divisions my interest/contact with them was two fists of bugger all for over 16 years - the next game I saw them play was when the FA Cup Quarter Final against Leeds in 1998 was televised live (via satellite TV). I pretty much missed out on the Bhattis, Chorley, Sherpa Van, relegations and promotions and Steve Bull.

It's quite possible then if you were in the same vicinity.

If so I'm sure we'd have shared a few nods and acknowledgements over the years as I recall there were many who had their own "spot" in the stand and without sharing any real conversations were sharing the experience of supporting their team.

My interest and following of Wolves waned considerably when I emigrated to NZ in 1982. Couldn't be helped as coverage was little to non-existent here apart from the score updates and the weekly The Big Match replay (a week later). With Wolves tumbling down the divisions my interest/contact with them was two fists of bugger all for over 16 years - the next game I saw them play was when the FA Cup Quarter Final against Leeds in 1998 was televised live (via satellite TV). I pretty much missed out on the Bhattis, Chorley, Sherpa Van, relegations and promotions and Steve Bull.

I still counted myself as a Wolves fan in the 80s, followed their progress (obviously more than a bit shit at the time) but just became more interested in other things followed by a young family, mortgage etc. Only really came back to Molineux cos my eldest wanted to go to a 'real' match when he was 8 (1990) it was a good time to re-awaken my interest, just back in the old second division, Bully and Mutch at the top of their game. Still remember the shock of seeing the old ground for the first time in 10 years with 2 sides derelict and empty.

Maybe I'm just naive but I took the pricing to be a reaction by the club to an extra game in the middle of Winter, during a cost of living crisis.
No doubt there's some of those weirdo hating types who will give it some credence.

I don't get his point, tbh.

Albion's pricing is reasonable, especially compared to ours (yes I know of the obvious reasons for this 😂). £28 usually, so for it to be cheaper for the FA Cup seems about right.

Back