• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bring it on....

Buckley was an absolute beaut. Incandescent that we wouldn't just give them five yards of space and let them play, in a local derby.

Signed Paul Crichton too and played hihim.

The stick Crichton got in the home fixture was Nunes/Mills levels, it absolutely destroyed him.

Just thought I'd check the bumper crowd they got last time we won there, as obviously their support has been brilliant for years.

Attendance: 20,711 (5,000 away)

Oh.

Just thought I'd check the bumper crowd they got last time we won there, as obviously their support has been brilliant for years.

Attendance: 20,711 (5,000 away)

Oh.
Wolves took about 10k there when Bully score in the 90th minute too.

I think the attendance (I need to check) was 21k.

So we almost halved the attendance, THAT is embarrassing.

Froggatt was so bloody good.
Superb delivery and often when running at full pace too.

But also McGhee took months to work out that if we played wingbacks at home, so the impetus was on us to play rather than hit teams on the break, if the opposition stopped him and Jamie Smith then we had no supply whatsoever as the midfield three was a big pile of nothing.

You carry on though Mark and we'll just win 2 of our first 10 home games that season, doubt it'll matter in the end.

Wolves took about 10k there when Bully score in the 90th minute too.

I think the attendance (I need to check) was 21k.

So we almost halved the attendance, THAT is embarrassing.
More like 7 I'd say, we only had just over half of the Smethwick

You think? It was a bigger stand back then and standing?

Although I guess things get exaggerated over time.
The ground held 30k, we had around half of the second maybe even 3rd biggest stand, the maths don't stand up let alone the memory

I will say that the "Wolves fans turn on their team if they don't start well" myth always annoyed me. I don't think we've given the team a noticeably harder time than any other set of fans. DEFINITELY not in the last 20 years.

This pie faced bellend and these complete Tarquins have a lot to answer for

BI-DBUDCUAATrty.jpg

wolves3.jpg.89bf96489389362496facc7302ae128f.jpg

OK, I'm still doubting it 🦴.

That looks more than 7k to me goes back a long way behind the goal?

For comparison how big was the South Bank when it was standing? 20k?

1000037131.jpg

I will say that the "Wolves fans turn on their team if they don't start well" myth always annoyed me. I don't think we've given the team a noticeably harder time than any other set of fans. DEFINITELY not in the last 20 years.

This pie faced bellend and these complete Tarquins have a lot to answer for

BI-DBUDCUAATrty.jpg

wolves3.jpg.89bf96489389362496facc7302ae128f.jpg
Especially in the Fosun era, the Lambert, Zenga and Lage teams could have got a hell of a lot more stick.

Back