• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bring it on....

Fair. 😁

1st of my 2 visits to the Hawthorns, this game and the Rob Hindmarch one, that's it, both before I was 10. 🤯
That's ballsy from your I presume dad? One hell of an atmosphere in a positive and negative sense to take a nipper to. I was 7 when I went to my first, but it wasn't as nasty then (1980) and we sat in the Rainbow Stand.

That's ballsy from your I presume dad? One hell of an atmosphere in a positive and negative sense to take a nipper to. I was 7 when I went to my first, but it wasn't as nasty then (1980) and we sat in the Rainbow Stand.
Yeah looking back I don't know what he was thinking, no way I'd take my kids to a BCD, especially back then!! Mental. Especially as to see I'd have to go right to the front where there was obviously the risk of a crush if there were goals - which there were obviously.

I was right at the front for the Hindmarch equaliser too, I remember it going absolutely mental in there, wild. I was too naive to feel scared though.

I went to Wembley in 88 too (and for the mercandile credit thing), which I do vaguely remember as being pretty intimidating, more the venue and the scale of it than the atmosphere though.

We always sat in the John Ireland stand for the home games, which obviously couldn't have been more different to the atmosphere at away games like the above!

Fair. 😁

1st of my 2 visits to the Hawthorns, this game and the Rob Hindmarch one, that's it, both before I was 10. 🤯
I was 15 and I was terrified. We were kettled out with police helicopters overhead which took some of the joy away from the goal.

I was 15 and I was terrified. We were kettled out with police helicopters overhead which took some of the joy away from the goal.
Yeah my lack of awareness would definitely have worked in my favour that day.

Conversely at Leeds for the QF in 1997/98 I was 15 and terrified, seeing the coaches get bricked and the just general mania after that game killed the vibe somewhat.

The pricks.

I think the dropping down to league 1 created a reset on the base and a level of humility and reality.
Since then the fans have been on the whole a patient bunch.
This considering the dreadful football in the 15/16 season, some woeful games under Lambert, the clueless tripe under Lage. Only discontent I’ve seen was directed at Scott Sellars that’s about it. Maybe some towards Steve Morgan towards the end of his reign.
But players and managers have generally received good support.

I think the dropping down to league 1 created a reset on the base and a level of humility and reality.
Since then the fans have been on the whole a patient bunch.
This considering the dreadful football in the 15/16 season, some woeful games under Lambert, the clueless tripe under Lage. Only discontent I’ve seen was directed at Scott Sellars that’s about it. Maybe some towards Steve Morgan towards the end of his reign.
But players and managers have generally received good support.
I'm just at the post league 1 point in the Phillips/Berry book, Revolution of Wolves and the 'reset, getting the fans back onside' is a good point.
There's a lot of ranting on the forums at certain stages since but I just don't notice that at the games, tbf I don't go anywhere near as often as lots of folk on here.

There was basically no backlash to Lage at home games, despite him being ludicrously out of his depth from day one and the football being atrocious for most of his time.
I have to admit I was very much in the 'give him a chance' group for the first half season. He tried to play some positive football initially but that didn't work, he went more pragmatic after that which was the right reaction and we picked up points even if it was a bit grim. It was the Arsenal away game followed by the West Ham home game that I lost any support for him, amazingly we were in with a chance of Europe at that stage. I was gutted he wasn't sacked at the end of that season.

I think everyone gave him a chance despite initial "who the fuck is that" vibes.

Then obviously you want your team to win, why would you want the opposite.

The weird stuff is people still claiming he might have been good if only, when he's easily the worst manager since Zenga who left seven and a bit years ago. Not on here but it's out there.

It's like Pav believing what he heard from Andy Thompson online as opposed to someone who was there
Now don't be silly.
I listened to the match live, and heard the comments of two ex pros and the commentator throughout the game. I also said i didn't doubt DW, so i am open to informed opinion whetever i find it.
However i find your personal assumption that
a) you were there ,as were they , but they must be thick because you were there and thus, that must be prevalent, a bit of an assumption.
And B) that your footballing visions are definative, and superior to all others a bit presumptious, to say the least.
I sat for many years at molineux and if i had believed the comments of every mad bastard i found myself sitting or standing next to i'd be following international tiddlywinks right now.
So please, if you don't mind, allow me to form my own opinions from wherever i get my information, and just crack on with your own stuff.

Now don't be silly.
I listened to the match live, and heard the comments of two ex pros and the commentator throughout the game. I also said i didn't doubt DW, so i am open to informed opinion whetever i find it.
However i find your personal assumption that
a) you were there ,as were they , but they must be thick because you were there and thus, that must be prevalent, a bit of an assumption.
And B) that your footballing visions are definative, and superior to all others a bit presumptious, to say the least.
I sat for many years at molineux and if i had believed the comments of every mad bastard i found myself sitting or standing next to i'd be following international tiddlywinks right now.
So please, if you don't mind, allow me to form my own opinions from wherever i get my information, and just crack on with your own stuff.
Fuck me you take everything so personally and seriously. I really don't care, definatively

The Lage patience is the oddest thing I’ve experienced with our fans, crap football, zero personality, alienated good servants of the club, brain dead tactics and crap results eventually. The only thing he had in the bank was an Old Trafford win and the Villa double.
The like of MM got vitriol for less, MM didn’t help himself with post match comments and openly going to war with the fan base which is a very ill advised thing to do.

Some weird concept that we were mesmerising in the first 3 games of the Lage tenure. WE LOST ALL 3! The moment he was under pressure he reverted to pragmatism and heavily relied on players experience etc

The Lage patience is the oddest thing I’ve experienced with our fans, crap football, zero personality, alienated good servants of the club, brain dead tactics and crap results eventually. The only thing he had in the bank was an Old Trafford win and the Villa double.
The like of MM got vitriol for less, MM didn’t help himself with post match comments and openly going to war with the fan base which is a very ill advised thing to do.
There's only Saunders I dislike more, not even Hoddle beats him. Complete wanker and shown up since to be a complete spoofer, took over a team top of the league and collapsed them to mid-table.

Awful man and an awful manager.

Back