• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bring it on....

B

A draw at Brighton will yield little joy and mean fuck all in the grand scheme of the season. A win a different story.

Beating Albion at the hawthorns would surely provide more joy than that to even the most anti BCD fan? Guaranteed in the hat for the next round. Would have more of a lasting memory as well than a point at Brighton which will be forgotten about in a month.

And for those who hate the BCD, why draw and have another one? Plus you then give them the opportunity to beat us again.

I don’t care about the extra game. But people are always going on about putting the reserves out to throw games to avoid an extra one.

A draw at Brighton surely doesn’t offset these negatives?

Beat Brighton suddenly puts us right in the mix for European football. So win that game and draw against the shit (at least) before battering then in the replay would do.

Reading about other local rivalries, Blues, Villa Etc.

The bar is becoming known as a Midlands/Yam Yam/Wolves Bar as a result I am getting lots of other West Mids fans in.

Above the Bar I have a Wolves, and Rangers shirt.

Above the long side of the Bar I am putting Midlands shirts (When I get them), I have a nice Albion top all the way from Florida, that's not above the Bar, it's got it's own place.
At the moment, I have,Wolves, Blues,and Villa I want an Albion Shirt, Walsall, and Cov shirt to complete it.

I have 25 Villa Fans turn up once/twice a year, park themselves in the bar
I have Albion Fans come over
Local Blues fans come in every Saturday to watch the game.

They are all Fantastic lads every one, with lots of laughs, and Banter, and a great atmosphere I get roasted continuosly by them all.

There are no fans of one club that stand out as complete bellends, every club has a selection, and at no point does Forum Boards, or social media ever truly reflect the fans of any club.
There is a local Albion Fan, who I always have a good chat with and is a nice guy, always want to play pool against each other in the league games as it has an added bit of rivalry.

Genuinely the only fans I have had in that have cause some shit, were a small group of Celtic Fans, but they were a Minority, I have plenty of Celtic and Hibees that use the bar, and again we always have a great laugh, the atmosphere has always been excellent.

Last Old Firm I probably had a 70/30 split in favour of Rangers, and I kept a tight lid on any comments, as it was a mixed crowd.

I genuinely have met no fans of any club that I can honestly say they were all cunts.

Palmer

Furlong Bartley Kipré Townsend

Wallace Mowatt Yokuslu Reach

Swift

Thomas-Asante

SUBS: Weimann, Chalobah, Griffiths, Dike, Malcolm, Pipa, Taylor, Pieters, Whitwell

This is how Albion have lined up this afternoon. Currently losing 1-0 to Norwich at HT.

Looks like Yokuslu went off early on. Would be a big miss for them if he's injured.

For those not going and don't have a TV the game is being shown at Molineux for £15 with a breakfast bap and drinks voucher included
🚨We are excited to announce we have partnered with the new city centre venue Astoria to host the Albion game live on the big screen. Over 300 tickets already sold (with a 1000 up for grabs) this one is going to be an unreal atmosphere to watch this FA Cup derby. Tickets are only £5 including a free bacon bap on entry.

Sadly there isn't a crisp buffet.

Ticket link - https://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Wo...es-vs-Albion-Live-on-the-Big-Screen/37262600/
#wwfc #wolves

FB_IMG_1705776660301.jpg

I watched them tonight and confirmed my fears they are a good side.

They dealt pretty comfortably with a Brighton team that is much more creative than us and Wolves had the better chances.

The long term worry is the gap between premier league and championship, watched Sunderland v Newcastle and Newcastle didnt need to get out of first gear, watching the game tonight, the speed at the way they move the ball, Brighton fans were on their players back for how long they took to play out from the back, i thought they were quick, their fans would murder our players!

When we have played Wolves before (and generally done well) we have been in the same league, this time there is a real difference in levels, 3 times out of 4 they would beat us.

However there is a chance, we have home advantage and i think we need to make it a cup final, we have championship british players who may be able to get under the Wolves players skins a bit, make it ugly and when we have the ball, be sensible, they have a lot better creative players than we do!

Also if twitter / x is anything to go by, a number of their fans think its a formality that they will win, they do get a bit over confident as previous experiences show so lets hope their players are the same!

I am an optimisit but on this occasion i think we will get beat 3-1, i have never hoped to be more wrong!

Having popped on Molineux Mix myself recently. It's still as psychopathic as ever so no surprise there.

That forum really is the pits of society lol

Relatively calm about this one. The BCD as is we know it is dead anyway, Wolves are just another bankrolled PL team with players on their bench that are currently worth more than our club.

Losing to their team of experienced PL players and internationals brought together by one of the shadiest figures in the modern game won't detract from thirty years of taking the urine; 11 point choke, double relegation, South Bank 'pie and pint', the 5-1, Hayward's millions, three wins in twenty years. Their current team comfortably rolling us over in a competition we're never going to win pales into insignificance compared to what we've had over them.

There is nothing to fear in defeat and everything to gain in victory

Last edited:
I like that MM is the default forum other fans think of so we can stay in our little corner of reality.

I like that MM is the default forum other fans think of so we can stay in our little corner of reality.
It's not ideal though, as it's the first port of call for away fans, it doesn't reflect on us well.

It is by far and away the busiest Wolves forum, so I guess you could say it's the most representative. This place isn't and in the main I think that's a good thing. Still a couple of people on here who I believe regularly post there still so they'd be able to give a better view than me.

Back