• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bring it on....

Listening to Albion Fans on Social Media, Radio etc, they are giving us any respect for how good we are they are expecting to win this game.

Fucking hell talk about Deluded.

I used to drive a bus round the black country, Cradeley Heath, Wordesley, Dudley etc. I heard a conversation between two very old ladies that ended with
“You bay!…
“I Bav! …

Listening to Albion Fans on Social Media, Radio etc, they are giving us any respect for how good we are they are expecting to win this game.

Fucking hell talk about Deluded.
Are you saying fans of their own team are supporting them and backing them to win a game? Shocking

We aren't Real Madrid or Man City in the final months of a season, we are beatable

Also don't give people shit for showing no respect when you have been on here calling them every cunt under the sun for daring to support a team up the road

Last edited:
I used to drive a bus round the black country, Cradeley Heath, Wordesley, Dudley etc. I heard a conversation between two very old ladies that ended with
“You bay!…
“I Bav! …
Yow bay?

My Grandad was a Halesowen mon and lived in Stourbridge then Cradley and he and his sisters all spoke this way, think it has largely died out, Halesowen folk don't seem to speak anywhere near as broad as his generation did

Are you saying fans of their own team are supporting them and backing them to win a game? Shocking

We aren't Real Madrid or Man City in the final months of a season, we are beatable

Also don't give people shit for showing no respect when you have been on here calling them every cunt under the sun for daring to support a team up the road
No I am saying.
Wolves are Mid Table Premier League
Albion are 5th in the Championship.

If it was the other way round I would be saying we can do this
I would not be saying we are going to beat them.

We play City I don't say we are going to win, I say they are better than we are, we can win but it's going to be tough.

They are saying they will beat us easily

No I am saying.
Wolves are Mid Table Premier League
Albion are 5th in the Championship.

If it was the other way round I would be saying we can do this
I would not be saying we are going to beat them.

We play City I don't say we are going to win, I say they are better than we are, we can win but it's going to be tough.

They are saying they will beat us easily
Well as you'd play the reserves against a team 4 places above us...

THE FUCKERS.

Do they not know their place...
There place is a division below us.

No one on here would be saying we would beat Man City Easily, yet arguably the gap between us and City is on a par with us and Albion.

Yow bay?

My Grandad was a Halesowen mon and lived in Stourbridge then Cradley and he and his sisters all spoke this way, think it has largely died out, Halesowen folk don't seem to speak anywhere near as broad as his generation did
Hasn't died out, might have developed a bit, brother and sister still live Stourbridge area and their accent is still quite strong.

Hasn't died out, might have developed a bit, brother and sister still live Stourbridge area and their accent is still quite strong.
It's not the accent, it's the words used, words not used anywhere else.

The accent between Wolves, and say Cradley is very different, but the words used at one point were the same

I don't get back that often, but when I do
I don't hear

Yam -
Are (for Yes )
Bist
Bay

Or the other multitude of words that use to be used around the black country.

To me there is a difference between accent and Dialect

There place is a division below us.

No one on here would be saying we would beat Man City Easily, yet arguably the gap between us and City is on a par with us and Albion.
You could argue it, but I don't think it'd be very convincing.

West Brom's place is the place they've earned, same as us. By all means, give them shit, but I'm not having this "they belong below us" bit.

There is a Black Country dialect, in fact it's very much it's own language.
As usual you miss the point. Black Country is a region and within it's boundaries there are differences in the dialect. Someone from Walsall will have slightly difderent words or pronunciation from say a person in Tipton or someone from Dudley.

My Uncle (reason I support Wolves) is Stourbridge born and bred and is very broad but then my mom has always said he has made his accent up!

Still on my rare trips to Halesowen I don't hear anyone who speaks how my Grandad and his siblings used to, broad yes but different

For Us Sunday is going to be Extremely difficult.
Yet they think it is going to be easy.

Make no Mistake Sunday will be a tough, tough game, there fans will be up for it, the players will as well bigger club from the Prem coming to town.

As usual you miss the point. Black Country is a region and within it's boundaries there are differences in the dialect. Someone from Walsall will have slightly difderent words or pronunciation from say a person in Tipton or someone from Dudley.
No Leeds different accent, but Black Country Dialect is the same, we all used the same words, with a slightly different accent, you getting accent and Dialect confused

No Leeds different accent, but Black Country Dialect is the same, we all used the same words, with a slightly different accent, you getting accent and Dialect confused
Ok, fair comment. I shall rephrase my original statement;

There is no definitive Black Country accent.

Ok, fair comment. I shall rephrase my original statement;

There is no definitive Black Country accent.
Correct, we all talk with different accents, sometimes from the same family.

My sister's accent is Really strong, mine is quite mellow

My Uncle (reason I support Wolves) is Stourbridge born and bred and is very broad but then my mom has always said he has made his accent up!

Still on my rare trips to Halesowen I don't hear anyone who speaks how my Grandad and his siblings used to, broad yes but different
Never knew my grand parents so you could be right, however my brother and sister sound exactly the same as my mom and dad did.

Back