• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford 1-4 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Gomes and RAN for me tonight. But especially RAN, makes such a difference to how we play. The front 4 first half were magnificent. Such quick feet, thought and passes.
RAN continues to improve. Great to see.

Thought Gomes and RAN were absolutely superb tonight.

Brentford did hand it to us but it’s nice to see some clinical finishing. Average of 35 goals the last three seasons and up to 27 already - it may be coming at the somewhat expense of defensive solidity but O’Neil has certainly solved the Hwang and Cunha puzzles.

There’s a lot to work on but I think GON and his team deserve a fair amount of credit.

I think Lemina summed it up perfectly in his post match interview.

Elements were disappointing. But we were clinical and overall deserved the victory.

My MOTM was Santiago Bueno. Coming in for Dawson is no mean feat and he was solid.
I thought he generally looked pretty good. Best I've seen from him yet. Very one-footed but a bit more assured.
Some potential there, O'Neil is improving him.

Special mention for Cunha who I think is incredibly important to this team and how it plays too, at times him and Sarabia were unplayable tonight with their speed of thought. And when he runs with the ball at his feet? Sensational.

I think we did our homework (or revision?) on Collins. Watching the highlights back you can see our players have anticipated where Collins is going to pass and have already started sprinting before he makes the pass. This turns poor passes into abysmal passes and creates the opportunities.

I think we did our homework (or revision?) on Collins. Watching the highlights back you can see our players have anticipated where Collins is going to pass and have already started sprinting before he makes the pass. This turns poor passes into abysmal passes and creates the opportunities.

Clearly identified as a weak link which, you know, it’s Collins in a back four - of course it’s a weak link.

Interesting.

Thought O’Neil’s comments re. pressing were interesting post match too and that it was a pretty foreign concept to a team that were drilled to sit back and let the opposition progress. I’m not sure how much of that under JL was down to dreadful fitness however.

First thing first I've got to praise the heart & lungs on this group. 2 games in 3 days at this level just shouldn't happen. With the pace and energy they press at it's a genuine danger to the players, and risks the quality of the 'product'. But pairing them with a side who've had 9 days off just obscene.

First half (well, what I fucking saw, after being ready for a 7.45 kick off, good, open game of football, and Channy pulling out his Gazza impression to boot.

Second half...I think after the hour 3-3 was as likely as 4-1. We weren't in control, and certainly had no ideas what to do if we won it back. Thankfully Brentford were terrible in both areas.

This last two months since Ipswich has been phenomenal, especially considering most of it being without Neto. I just wish we find the left hand side more than the right hand side when building attacks, but you can't ignore how clinical we've been nor how many good chances we've created.

When I walked out of Molineux after the Forest draw I wasn’t optimistic about upcoming games and the no-show at West Ham amplified that. Beating Chelsea and then a fully-rated Brentford shows that it’s still a funny old game. Full credit to both GO and the players who have shown great spirit in both games.

Think you might need to take a look at those goals again. Zero pressure on Collins, he just fucks it up.
No pressure on Collins but cutting off his options so he can only play one pass and then pouncing on it when it's poor.

Back