• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves - Sevilla EUROPA LEAGUE QUARTER FINAL Math thread

Would switch Saiss & Donck around (though Saiss on the left at the back)

Rest of it is what I would do though
I don't like the idea of Saiss and Vini on the left, both a little too prone too being rash.

Saiss protected Vini when he came on v Olympiacos & has seemingly turned down the rash challenges from the level he started at.

Donck gives us a bit more go forward in midfield

I don’t like a Donk in a midfield 3, he doesn’t give us much when he gets up with the strikers. He’s been good in the two in midfield lately.

Probably the best option though as it’s too late to be trying MGW in that role.

I'd gone with Booz's team. Boly to protect Vinagre

They said on Man Utd comms tonight that all teams have to stay in Germany for however long they are in the competition. Part of the protocols. Yet someone mentioned Sevilla flew back to Spain?

Moutinho needs a bit of rest.

Rui

Boly Coady Saiss

Doherty Dendonker Neves Vinagre

Neto Jimenez Jota

Impact sub Traore

They said on Man Utd comms tonight that all teams have to stay in Germany for however long they are in the competition. Part of the protocols. Yet someone mentioned Sevilla flew back to Spain?

Yeah I caught that. Only thing I can think is it's 1/4 finals onwards as not every team was in Germany at that point. Still a bit curious if they did, unnecessary travel for them if nothing else.

Yeah I caught that. Only thing I can think is it's 1/4 finals onwards as not every team was in Germany at that point. Still a bit curious if they did, unnecessary travel for them if nothing else.
It is

I am a nervous fucking wreck and there's 11 hours till kick off.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Tonight is the official start of the tournament for them though, so you could arrive within the window set for each team, but once there, you are there until knocked out.

I am quite calm right now. We aren't the favourites, we have achieved so much so far and this is the exact type of game I wanted Wolves to be in for so long, against top European opposition.

I will probably be a wreck during the game mind, but that tends to be the case no matter the occasion :D

Moutinho needs a bit of rest.

Rui

Boly Coady Saiss

Doherty Dendonker Neves Vinagre

Neto Jimenez Jota

Impact sub Traore

No chance of Moutinho 'getting a rest.' Most important game since 1972 and I think we might just play someone who's a European champion

No chance of Moutinho 'getting a rest.' Most important game since 1972 and I think we might just play someone who's a European champion
:icon_lol:

Missed this as I have Cyber on ignore. Imagine leaving João Moutinho out of the game tonight.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

I’m very relaxed. I don’t expect us to win this, so if we do then it will be a bonus.
But if the season ends tonight, then seventh place and a European quarter final is a fantastic achievement.

Having said that....I would be ecstatic if we won a semi final place!

Similar, I'm quite ambivalent about today. But if we win and then lose to Utd in the semi I will be absolutely gutted.

I’m pretty calm just now. It’s an exciting prospect rather than a nervous feeling. Sure the butterflies will kick in over the day.

I'm looking forward to the game but not expecting to win. I'll be delighted if we play well, ecstatic if we win.

Feels a bit like prior to the Liverpool game. Underdogs, probably not expected to win, but a puncher's chance, and we know that they're capable. Going to try my best to enjoy it but yeah, will probably be torture :icon_biggrin:

Lucky socks are in place regardless

Can't wait. Alarm set for 4.45am my time.

Low expectations, but a chance to really enjoy how far we've come. Most relaxed I've been for a Wolves game in recent memory, though if it is tight towards the end then of course I'm going to be in a world of stress as usual. :icon_lol:

Back