• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves - Sevilla EUROPA LEAGUE QUARTER FINAL Math thread

Feels like a Cup game in the Championship against a PL team, excited but not expectant. Obviously the gap isn't that big, but we look knackered and have for a few weeks so I'm expecting this to be the end of the road whilst hopeful that it isn't.

We're past the point in the competition that I was hoping we'd reach (knock out stages), so like YW, I'm just excited to see us up against such a good side in a Europa League Quarter Final.

And it's a single tie - who knows what might happen? I don't expect us to win but I know we're capable of doing so. I just want us to put on a decent show and I think we'll do that.

Personally, I've been delighted with our progress this season. I think we're improving as a club and as a football team despite it being a mammoth season in terms of games played etc.

I intend to crack open a few beers tonight and just enjoy it - not nervous TBH.

I’m nervous even tho I expect it to come to an end tonight. If we still go out I’ll still be gutted come 10pm

:icon_lol:

Imagine leaving João Moutinho out of the game tonight.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

I think we've found Mark Mcghee's secret account. Benching your best player for the biggest game of the season :icon_lol:

I shan't be a nervous wreck unless we take the lead. We could do this, but it's the hope that kills you, not the belief, so I'm trying to avoid it.

Buzzing for the game, we have gone further than I expected back in July. No nerves here, although that may change if we are leading 1-0 with 10 minutes to go!

A little over 3 years ago we limped to a mid table finish in the Championship, we are now in a European Quarter-Final. Still have to pinch myself sometimes that it's not a dream

I'll be nervous when it kicks off but I'm fine at the moment. I doubt I'll actually enjoy much of the match - I'll either be gutted we're losing or too nervous because we're winning!

I'm expecting a defeat so am setting myself up for the disappointment already :icon_lol:

Hopefully I'll be very pleasantly surprised by the result instead.

I've put £20 on Sevilla to qualify to potentially soften the blow - will pay for a few beers on Friday.

I get all of the sentiments above but we've got this far so I want us to win (and I know that everyone else does too). Putting up a good show or being underdogs isn't going to take any pain away if we lose.

I still feel sick when I think about last years FA Cup semi.

That was the worst I can ever remember feeling after being at a match. I still can't bring myself to watch any highlights of it.

Let's hope tonight feels a bit better!

That semi-final was awful, because i thought we'd done it.

Worst for me was Bolton away in the play-offs

I still felt kind of positive after the semi-final game because of how well we'd done overall that season and knowing we could get better

Don't think anything will ever trump walking away from that fucking shithole in Bolton that day.

I was only 14 when we lost to Bolton. It was also the season where I got distracted by girls and rock music so I don't quite remember how shitty it felt!

Bolton 1
Watford 2
Losing to Man City on Easter Monday and knowing we'd blown it 3

The closest I've come to tears because of football was Igor Balis scoring that injury time penalty for Albion v Bradford.

The other play off semi final. I remember going from elation to despair in a matter of seconds after Jinky Smith scored late on at Selhurst Park, before Dougie Freedman scored straight away to restore Palace's 2 goal lead. Ugh.

Nothing will ever beat the Battle of Burden Park though, such a horrible feeling.

Watford last season is in 3rd place. I too have never watched that game back since.

The closest I've come to tears because of football was Igor Balis scoring that injury time penalty for Albion v Bradford.

Stuck on a bus in heavy traffic coming back from HSV vs Bayer Leverkusen. Barely moved for about 45 minutes. Got a text. Had to just sit there and take it all in.

Fucking low, that.

Angriest was when that fat bent bastard Kevin Lynch cheated us at Horwich in May 2000. Livid at that. I'm not sure I'm over it now.

I like to think I'm mostly a pacifist and certainly not a hooligan, but if I'd have been close enough to a notlob supporter that evening I would have gone full on Green Street.

I like to think I'm mostly a pacifist and certainly not a hooligan, but if I'd have been close enough to a notlob supporter that evening I would have gone full on Green Street.

But not Green Street 2 I hope.

NEVER go full on Green Street 2.

#stillnotoverthatfilm

The other play off semi final. I remember going from elation to despair in a matter of seconds after Jinky Smith scored late on at Selhurst Park, before Dougie Freedman scored straight away to restore Palace's 2 goal lead. Ugh.

Nothing will ever beat the Battle of Burden Park though, such a horrible feeling.

Watford last season is in 3rd place. I too have never watched that game back since.

That wasn't the battle of Burnden Park.

This was...

https://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/2015/1/30/7891871/1997-the-battle-of-burnden-park-revisited

Lofty the fuckin lion :mad:

Back