• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves - Sevilla EUROPA LEAGUE QUARTER FINAL Math thread

we have done the double over citeh this year..says a lot

has someone nicked dels log in? Saiss at left wing back? :icon_lol:
Fuck me del, cease the red bull and crisps mate.

3-4-3 for me. Moutinho on the bench, donck and neves in midfield. Jota on the left, adama on the right. Neto and Mout to come on later.

Vinagre has never let us down defensively imo. Yes he ain't as good as Jonny, but he's fucking excellent, that's why.

No way would I leave Moutinho out of a European quarter final. Our one player who has been there and done it. First name on the sheet for me.

3-5-2 with Moutinho Neves Dendoncker as the midfield surely is the way to go.

So players don't improve with regular first team football? Only on the training ground?
You'll have to point out where I said that.

Was actually your original post that seemed to suggest the opposite, that you need games to improve. This isn't Sunday League, the 90 minutes of a weekend isn't their only time playing together, there is far more time spent playing together on the training pitches and a far better environment for familiarising with team mates and focussing on specific improvements.

Getting matchday minutes is important for experience but putting the hard work in Monday to Friday is what really makes a player in my eyes.

Needs must need Boly on the left otherwise Vinagre gets murdered. No one else good enough to play in midfield.

Big Saiss fan but not sure last night could ever be described as one of his best games, the goal that should have stood he was caught out for.
Saiss was done for the disallowed goal? Can't see that myself.

It was Doc potentially playing everyone on but we fucked up as a whole. As a unit there we should have been playing him comfortably offside.

I think its harsh to blame anyone for that. We did our job in the first instance but the striker made the almost perfect run back on side and was only 0.0001 seconds out as he ran onto the pass.

It was Doc potentially playing everyone on but we fucked up as a whole. As a unit there we should have been playing him comfortably offside.
Agree. Saiss, Coady and Boly have got their line spot on and would've had him comfortably off but Doherty is out by half a stride and that outstretched leg is what made it such a close call.

After that pass it was Moutinho causing problems as he didn't track back quickly enough, left Neves with two men to cover and somewhat inevitably it fell to the guy he'd had to leave free in covering for his midfield partner.

Anybody else find it odd Sevilla have returned to Spain to train and then flying back to Germany for the game? I know it's only a three hours and they won't be hopping on Ryanair but you'd just set up a training camp surely?

Seems a lot of unnecessary travel.

Probably easier than driving to Newcastle. Private jet, no shit at either end, home comforts.

Johnny our for up to 9 months with knee injury personally I think that’s a huge blow

Thats terrible, hope he comes back even stronger..vital player for us

Just out of interest, UEFA have now updated our coefficient. Still using the country coefficient but our team coefficient has risen to 15.000. If we could beat Sevilla I think we go to 18 and start to move up the rankings a little bit.

Just out of interest, UEFA have now updated our coefficient. Still using the country coefficient but our team coefficient has risen to 15.000. If we could beat Sevilla I think we go to 18 and start to move up the rankings a little bit.

I think it would be 19 - 3 points for a win in the one-legged games, and 1 bonus point for getting to the semi.

Yes. You also get the three points for winning the one legged semi final and then it reverts to normal coefficient points for the final as it is a one legged game. So if we somehow made the final by winning the games without relying on penalties we would have 23 coefficient points before kicking off. Still ranked behind a load of teams that qualify every year and do very little.

That’s why regular European football is so important.

343 for me. 1 off game. Think we should go for it and if we can trouble them going forward that will help us defensively personally. Tempted to start with traore on the bench however

3-5-2 for me:

Rui
Donk - Coady - Boly
Doc - Neves - Saiss - Vini
Moutinho
Raul - Jota

Traore and Neto after 60 mins with a move to 3-4-3 if we need to.

3-5-2 for me:

Rui
Donk - Coady - Boly
Doc - Neves - Saiss - Vini
Moutinho
Raul - Jota

Traore and Neto after 60 mins with a move to 3-4-3 if we need to.

Would switch Saiss & Donck around (though Saiss on the left at the back)

Rest of it is what I would do though

Back