• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves - Sevilla EUROPA LEAGUE QUARTER FINAL Math thread

We’re playing the best team left in the competition on Tuesday night, I’d be tempted with 3-5-2 keep things tight Sevilla look a well balanced side and extremely dangerous on the counter attack. Really does suit us better it’s a one of match but deep down I think this will be a step to far.

Vinagre has never let us down defensively imo. Yes he ain't as good as Jonny, but he's fucking excellent, that's why.

Wouldn't go that far...he's had bad games (Torino away springs to mind). Can swing both ways though.

I certainly wouldn't be messing with the back 3 after last night, and i certainly wouldn't be moving Saiss (after one of his best ever games at LCB) into midfield after him not playing there once (?) this whole season.

Needs must need Boly on the left otherwise Vinagre gets murdered. No one else good enough to play in midfield.

Big Saiss fan but not sure last night could ever be described as one of his best games, the goal that should have stood he was caught out for.

I don't really know much about Sevilla, but seeing their first goal last night when the guy just ran in from their left at pace, i wonder if Adama at RWB in a 3-5-2 would be a consideration. Much like we did against City when he kept Sterling quiet

I don't really know much about Sevilla, but seeing their first goal last night when the guy just ran in from their left at pace, i wonder if Adama at RWB in a 3-5-2 would be a consideration. Much like we did against City when he kept Sterling quiet

I understand your thinking with that but in my mind he only ever had one good game at rwb which was City, can he reproduce that again?

Win or lose I think I'd rather play in a way and with personnel that have served us well so far in what's been a very good season. Not the time to be messing about with plan C and D or square pegs imo

Win or lose I think I'd rather play in a way and with personnel that have served us well so far in what's been a very good season. Not the time to be messing about with plan C and D or square pegs imo

Agree

Definitely.

They said on BT last night that Sevilla are a very offensive set up side, which should Suit our counter attacking ways.

Hope they’re right!

I'm getting pelters here :icon_lol: tbf, I did pointedly say left back rather than lwb. Full on flatback 5, and a 541 out of possession. And I'm acutely aware that if he did it, I'd probably moaning like fuck after 20 minutes about us needing to get in to the game!

I'm getting pelters here :icon_lol: tbf, I did pointedly say left back rather than lwb. Full on flatback 5, and a 541 out of possession. And I'm acutely aware that if he did it, I'd probably moaning like fuck after 20 minutes about us needing to get in to the game!

Just no, if we end up with Saiss at lb we are in deep shit

We have played Benno as a RB in the RWB role, so wouldn't be a huge jump for Nuno to do it with Saiss on the left but I would say there is close to 0% chance of it happening

We have played Benno as a RB in the RWB role, so wouldn't be a huge jump for Nuno to do it with Saiss on the left but I would say there is close to 0% chance of it happening

More chance of it being Kilman at LWB with Saiss staying at LCB - as we did at the end of the Espanyol game away

I would probably go 3-5-2 so we have more bodies in midfield and maybe can hold on to the ball a bit more..concern is Vinagre for me but we dont have that many options

Interesting to read this thread. Feels like the most uniformly realistic (or is it pessimistic?) about our chances against a top-tier opponent since the early part of last season, before we started getting points off the Top Six with regularity and realised just how good we are.

Not saying it's unjustified (I feel the same), but it does feel like reading a match preview thread from a few years back in a way.

We've beaten better teams than Sevilla.

I see where there is a lot of talk already about the Europa Cup Final between Inter Milan and Man. U .

Let them talk I say , let them talk .

I'd love a semi-final v Solbakken and Copenhagen.

I also didn't realise that Lopetegui was Sevilla manager.

Back