• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves - Sevilla EUROPA LEAGUE QUARTER FINAL Math thread

I totally get why we are playing 352. I also get why we’d want to play Traore. I’m just not convinced it particularly works with him up top. See Arsenal at home.

I don't like Adama up front.

But here's hoping.

Worked against City? Kinda?

He played RWB for about 70 minutes that day

Worked against City? Kinda?

Didn't start there though. If he could play behind Raul and run into the channels that Reguilon and Navas will leave then that would be ideal, not sure he's still got enough about him to do that though.

Really not a fan of Traore up front, maybe Nuno's expecting a siege and to hit them on the break.

Really not a fan of Traore up front, maybe Nuno's expecting a siege and to hit them on the break.

Agree with this, hopefully doesn’t just become ‘hoof it to Traore’. He’ll need to drift around as he has zero striker instinct so won’t get in good positions once others have the ball.

Well, Adama, old son, if you’re really worth £80m tonight’s the night to show it...

Oh good Traore playing up front. He always looks shit there and we have to switch to 3-4-3.

Not sure why Jota is so out of favour at the minute.

Nice bit of negativity ahead of the biggest game in about 50 years. You love to see it.

Tara. Will be back on after the game.

Come on you Wolves!

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Normally I would be the first to be against the negativity, but just a worry as last time we tried this we did not look good. Am happy with the 3 in CM though, especially with Jonny not being there.

18 matches unbeaten
5 times winners
Never lost a europa league quarter final

We are under dogs by a long way

I like that.

This 5 times winners, they know how to win this trophy is such bollocks. There's only Banega left from that team that won it 3 times in a row and it's not like they leave some special ability hanging around the Sevilla training ground.

They are still a really good side, regardless. They are the favourites to win this tie comfortably.

But we know we can cause an upset, I just hope we are competitive.

Unsure on Traore up top, worry about the work Raul will have to do and may leave him quite isolate. Let’s hope it works

Here we go then...

Remember calm? This morning? Bricking it now! Come on me babbies, we really can do this, but holy shit this is going to be tough.

We’re not massive underdogs. We’re 6/4 to go through. But we have to be positive

Back