• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Square pegs and round holes. Let's hope it works, anything has to be better than last year. I just can't see anything more than a money making project for Mendes. If we were serious about changing our aspirations, to take us to where we want to be, I honestly can't see the logic in employing Lopertegui. I will be very happy to be proven wrong!

He has just as much chance of succeeding as he has of failing. We'll never know until he starts (if he gets the job). Given the choice of either Jackett/Thelwell or Lopetegui/Mendes next season, I know which one I'd prefer.

Same for me. Panicking about this guy coming in because he isn't fucking Guardiola is just nonsensical. It is like poo-pooing a new player like, say, Eduardo Salvio, because they aren't fucking Messi.

I'm not panicking, I just think that many people are going over the top, with expectations about the takeover. Anything is better than last year, agreed. However, if I was going to make a serious attempt at putting Wolves back up with the best, Lopetegui wouldn't be on the radar. As a youth coach, fantastic, as a first team manager, no thanks. If we are going to become a feeder club and plod a long, developing youngsters to make money for Mendes, then yes.

I can't even deal with this shit sometimes. There are morons on the Mix poo-pooing Vincent Aboubakar & Steven Defour.

JOE MASON IS OUR ONLY STRIKER, MATT DOHERTY IS OUR ONLY LEFT BACK AND WE HAVE 0 LEFT WINGERS.

I'm not panicking, I just think that many people are going over the top, with expectations about the takeover. Anything is better than last year, agreed. However, if I was going to make a serious attempt at putting Wolves back up with the best, Lopetegui wouldn't be on the radar. As a youth coach, fantastic, as a first team manager, no thanks. If we are going to become a feeder club and plod a long, developing youngsters to make money for Mendes, then yes.

I don't think anyone on here is going over the top, TBH. If you have followed Wolves even for only a few years, you will have your feet firmly on the ground, and thinking that what is purportedly happening will be taken with a pinch of salt until it actually happens.

I understand you have concerns about Lopetegui, but at the moment its only a rumour, so its a little incongruous to complain about him, esp. as if the rumours are true, then we won't have a lot of choice anyway.

Just in case he does become manager how's his name pronounced?, got get ready for the 'give us a wave' chant before it goes tits up. :icon_wink:

Plus depending on pronunciation 'Julen Lopetegui's barmy army' might be a bit of a mouthful :icon_smile:

Just in case he does become manager how's his name pronounced?, got get ready for the 'give us a wave' chant before it goes tits up. :icon_wink:

Julen..... ;)

Julen, Julen give us a wave (etc)

There was a tennis player called Alberto Beresetegui

That was BEH-RES-U-TAY-GEE

I can't even deal with this $#@! sometimes. There are morons on the Mix poo-pooing Vincent Aboubakar & Steven Defour.

JOE MASON IS OUR ONLY STRIKER, MATT DOHERTY IS OUR ONLY LEFT BACK AND WE HAVE 0 LEFT WINGERS.

Aboubakar would be an absurd signing at this level.

Aboubakar, Eduardo Salvio, Pele, Cavaleiro, Steven Defour, Jordan Lukaku, Anderson Talisca

I DEMAND THEM ALL

TOMORROW

Lur-petter-gwee

That's how I'm saying it any way.

If you were going to make Wolverhampton Wanderers a top European club, would you employ a manager who has achieved nothing as football league manager? 2003 he lasted 10 matches with a second division team. He wasn't employed again as a first team coach (except), Real Madrid B, for over 10 years. He has won nothing and never got promotion as a first team manager of a football club.
Youth level, yes. Friends of Mendes, yes. A manager to make Wolves great again?

I once heard of a club appointing a manager who had never actually managed anywhere before, just been an assistant for a couple of years after retirement as a player. He'd never achieved anything as a football league manager, had never won anything and had never been promoted.

Perhaps you've heard of him? Stanley Cullis?

Now, I'm not even slightly suggesting that Lopetegui is on the level of Cullis for one moment, but in appointing any new manager we need to look at the big picture. It's a risk, of course it is, but then so is any new manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back