• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

Would you not class our footballers as privileged? Should we get rid of neves and get someone crap but underprivileged in?

I don't really think this is the thread. Feel free to start one in the correct place though.

Our money going to help the already privileged? Not for me thanks.

A lot of the fee paying schools have bursaries to be able to take in those who can't access this due to cost - not sure that they shouldn't do more on that front, but ultimately they are still a business that needs to cover their costs.

Suspect that Wolves pay fees (even if they they have negotiated a discount ) for those there on this scheme anyway

I think it’s great personally - will allow us to attract better players at youth level, and means that if they don’t make it as footballers, they have a good education to fall back upon. Good all round.

I think it’s great personally - will allow us to attract better players at youth level, and means that if they don’t make it as footballers, they have a good education to fall back upon. Good all round.

I'm in this camp too

35b4434a7ae5314fa0a4a9fd6559bc4a.jpg

Wow not a bad half! Good to see Ennis fit and scoring

Is Dom playing CB or RWB for us?

Cheers.

My gut says he's still never going to get into the senior team here again but my gut also wouldn't have believed he'd play for the U23s again. Maybe Rob Edwards vouched for Dom upon his return from Telford?

For all of his physical capabilities, he just isnt good enough technically to play in Nuno’s system. Imagine Iorfa trying to play it in and around tight, compact spaces in the PL - it just isn’t going to happen.

At least if he’s performing well with the Under 23’s then he might put himself in the shop window.

Wolves have put the goals from last night on their twitter feed. Ennis run and shot is exceptional as is Alves finish from 30yds where he lobs the keeper. Looks like some great interplay and maybe, just maybe Iorfa could be getting his head down and learning.

Some good stuff from Iorfa. Decent ball in for the 4th and well forward to score the 6th

Wolves have put the goals from last night on their twitter feed. Ennis run and shot is exceptional as is Alves finish from 30yds where he lobs the keeper. Looks like some great interplay and maybe, just maybe Iorfa could be getting his head down and learning.

Would be good if he could as he has completely stalled for the last few years - don't hold out a massive amount of hope as he has had loans out & done nothing in them

U23's returned to the top of the table following a 2-0 win over Middlesbrough

The teams were

Wolves: Sondergaard, Burr (Thompson 61’), Molberg, Kilman, John, Giles, Diallo, Watt, Goncalves (Alves 90’), Ashley-Seal (Heredia 78’), Ennis.

Unused subs: Csoka, Samuels.

Middlesbrough: Lonergan, D Spence, Reading, K Spence, Wood, Stubbs, Ward (Brahimi 65’), Liddle, O’Neill, Malley (Walker 75’), Chapman.

Unused subs: Dale, James.

https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/under-23/20180928-match-report-wolves-2-0-middlesbrough/

Back