• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

I can't believe Ricky Sbragia manages their lot.

DrA7NRwXgAIW_jW.jpg

The Seal puts us 1 up (assist from Buur)

Anybody know what's happened with Kitolano? He was supposedly very highly rated.

I’m sure I read he was injured?

Interesting that the Maidenhead reserve fullback, futsal lad, appears to have established himself in the Coady role. Anyone seen him?

Yeah, I saw him last week. I would say the chances of him making it in a Premier League side are slim to nil. Good luck to the boy though.

The Seal puts us 1 up (assist from Buur)

He seems to have scored a fair few at this level & possibly just about outgrown it

Then again the step up is a big one (especially as we are now Premier level) - the same was said about Enobakhare & he's not set the world alight yet at a lower level

It's really difficult to go from a P/L under age team into the first squad, let alone break into a starting team

Benny's a big unit and a good finisher. He can play too.

There are still a hell of a lot of rough edges there though.

Benny's a big unit and a good finisher. He can play too.

There are still a hell of a lot of rough edges there though.

Trouble is - stepping up to where we are now you cannot have rough edges

Though from what I have read about him not sure that he wouldn't be as effective a backup as Leo

19a9e9fe6155c8c444e080e24f1eb3b0.jpg

Tonight’s line up for the checkatrade trophy game. I know it’s only an infographic but looks like a slightly changed formation, 2 up front with one behind.

Goncalves played as the right sided forward vs Man Utd and that really didn't look like it was his game. A #10 I could see, we know he can play centre mid, but he's no wide man.

Goncalves played as the right sided forward vs Man Utd and that really didn't look like it was his game. A #10 I could see, we know he can play centre mid, but he's no wide man.

I don't understand playing Goncalves anywhere but in the middle of midfield. He looks like a carbon copy of Moutinho in playing style.

Perhaps it's to see how the formation goes - we could easily see the first team playing that way with MGW in the goncalves position.

Back