• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

Iorfa playing RCB for u23s tonight. Could be a good position for him. he never looked solid enough for CB in a 2 but pushing on as we do with 3 could be interesting.

Goncalves playing in a more advanced role than usual as well.

They've come back from a goal down to win 2-1, Watt and Ashley-Seal with the goals. Both sound like fine efforts.

Dp4tn0DX4AI_mvD.jpg

Iorfa in the first team then... #excloosivebullshit

Southampton were 2 up but 2 goals in 2 mins (Watt and Ennis) have pulled it back. Still 20 to go

Looked like a crap goal to concede - keeper was probably blocked off, but should do better.

Watched the second half of the u23 game against Utd.
Niall Ennis scored a stunner. Some good performances some poor ones as well.
Not impressed with the Keeper, thought Iorfa played well.
Some of our 1st touches were poor, players seemed to bottle out of challenges.
Did not know the players Ashley Seal I knew and he did ok but was not really in the game second half.
A good 2-1 win.

Only 18 or 19 and bumped up to the U23's early so this season is massive step up for him.
Didn't he just win an award or something? Fairly sure I saw something like that on Instagram.

I still have hope for Ennis. Had bad luck with injuries but he was highly regarded only a couple of years ago. Still has time

I went last night. United really don't have a lot coming through. Gomes looks a decent player but had very little to work with. No quality around him.

Sondergaard should have done better on the goal, our two were excellent. Giles was our best player on the night and we could do with finding him some first team football sooner rather than later. Iorfa did pretty well, rolled back the years (!) with one show of pace to get round and cover. Looks like we've abandoned trying him as a RWB, he was on the right of the back three again. Goncalves doesn't seem very well suited to playing in the front three but Ashley-Seal and Ennis were lively.

Deserved to win.

Back