• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

I am convinced he is the lad that they got from Rotherham when I was a scout there. He was phenomenal. He played against my y10 school side when he was y7 and had been in the country mere months. And scored at least 5 and set up as many. A incredibly developed monster of a child at that stage but I was struck by how technically developed he was.

Trying to get confirmation it's him, but if what I heard was right and it is him. City gave him mum 100k to move closer to Manchester to get around the then catchment rule, when he was 12.

His bio says he grew up in Rotherham so you're likely to be right.

The u23’s are playing norwich tonight so I’m going to go and take my lad - will be interesting to see him play.

Yeah defo him as mentioned it to my mate who has confirmed. Hope he does well considering my tenuous link.

Really good first half, 3-1 to the good guys, apart from a couple of standouts it’s all been very neat and tidy, playing the same formation as the first team.

Diallo has been neat and tidy, gets around the pitch well and nice technique, but hasn’t stood out, and doesn’t seem very physical so far.

Ashley-seal has a first half hat trick, first two were excellent finishes and the third a simple header, he’s done well - big and physical.

Watt has run the midfield, working hard and spraying it around with both feet.

Kilman is in the Coady role and looks really comfortable on the ball, he’s played really well although was too tight for the norwich goal and got turned too easily.

Giles has been the standout - he’s always on the touch line playing left wing back, and has pinged in some excellent crosses, think he’s only lost the ball once, he’s looked excellent.

Fingers crossed for more of the same second half!

Not seen much obviously but what I like about Ashley-Seal is he seems to be of the style Nuno likes our striker/focal point.

I only saw a bit of him against stoke and against weds, but he looks a great prospect. Fast, strong, good touch and good brain.

Ashley-Seal reminds me of Lukaku. Could be fantastic but then could be Frank Nouble. I quite like what I've seen so far though.

Much more even second half, but Sondergaard didn’t have a save to make. Giles hit the bar with a cross early on, and watt was taken out with a nasty challenge that the norwich guy was booked for, but there wasn’t a huge amount of action in all honesty.

Diallo went off for Sealy Harris after an hour, and csoka came on when burr tweaked his hamstring - and Taylor perry cane on for injury time (he looks about twelve!).

Mom for me was Kilman, his control and passing was excellent throughout. Watt, Giles and Ashley Seal the other standouts.

All the players stopped for selfies with my son, John and Ennis had a chat with him too, which made his day - and they’re all on their way home now with a ton of dominos pizzas to keep them company.

Everything you need to know about Frank Nouble can be learned from the corner challenge on either Soccer Am or Fantasy bootroom or whatever it was called. Could like 20 attempts with his strong foot.

Nice one PQ. Who played as part of the three with Benny and Ennis?

Goncalves for the first hour, then sealey Harris for the last half hour - goncalves was better when he moved back to be honest though he didn’t do anything wrong as an inside forward. Sealey Harris was a bit lightweight (he looked younger than he is), but his movement was excellent.

Nice one PQ! Didn’t realise they were matching first team formation as good for giles who looked very good at left wing back to continue playing there. Nice for benny to go back to Norwich and bag a hat trick! When we signed him I was with someone who had just been working at Norwich as an analyst who thought he was a decent player but came with too much baggage. Seems to be developing well for us

His finishing was very good, decisive - the first was a low hard shot into the corner, the second he got to a whipped cross from (I think) goncalves amongst a load of bodies first and smashed it in, and the third was a simple header from a deflected cross that the keeper had misjudged - he didn’t really have any other chances to score so you’d have to say his finishing was excellent.

He tried with the link up play and did quite well, but didn’t win much in the air (we played on the ground but there were clearances and some tackles that went up to him), I’d have expected a bit more given his size. He worked quite hard too. He had a good game - his opposite number for Norwich looked good too, but got visibly frustrated and got booked for the foul on watt, and squared up to goncalves later too - Benny was a picture of calm all game.

Incidentally, when the norwich guy squared up to goncalves (big size difference), kilman came in and shoved him away, which I liked - I hadn’t seen him before last night, but he was excellent, his technique, his movement and passing - and he’s a big lad, hope he keeps developing.

Back