• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

Sylvain Deslandes, Ming-Yang Yang, Will Randall, Ryan Leak and Connor Johnson featured for FC Jumilla in a pre-season game against MK Dons the other day.

Apparently FC Jumilla are an affiliate club of ours?

FC Jumilla? That doesn't sound like an English name.

EDIT: Helps to read the article. :whistle:

Man, Kieran Agard. Whatever happened to him? Remember he looked very good for Rotherham the year we went up from League One.

Checkatrade Games

v Scunthorpe - September 4th
v Mansfield - October 9th
v Lincoln - Still waiting for them to sort their shit out

Tonight's team
a10c0095b55e4e97b0615a4981fa37a8.jpg

Dan Cockerline was once a hero for me on a lower league FM game.

We are playing the same formation as the first team which on balance is a good thing, but don't look comfortable doing it. John in the Coady role is having a mare, fell over the ball and gave them a goal and his range of passing isn't there.
2 nil down

Lost 4-1. The line up needs a bit of perspective as those who we know aren't going to make it, Hayden, Simpson, Wilson etc didn't play and neither did those who have been in and around the first team squad like Giles and Watt. That said they were poor tonight, bullied by a physical though not dirty Hednesford team. None of the back 3 or anyone who played right wing back looked comfortable in the formation. John was really disappointing, poor distribution, beaten easily and weak in the challenge, I know he's highly rated so I must have just seen him on the wrong night, but looks a country mile off even a league cup game.

3 of their goals were awful defending, the first John fell over the ball, the second a wide free kick that was a cross which went straight in and the fourth when Mckenna (I think) was made to look a complete mug on the byline.

Ennis played the first half on the left of the front 3 and Samuels in the middle, alternating for the second. Neither looked comfortable on the left, but down the middle Samuels was way more impressive, he's rapid. If it were a competitive game Hednesford would have had a man sent off for a tug on him when he showed him a clean pair of heals in the first half and he also finished nicely for the Wolves goal. He's probably more direct than our first team style, but shows a lot of promise. Ennis was more concerned with fancy flicks with no end product, I think this will be the season we know whether he's going to make it or not.

Hednesford record all their games so I'll post the highlights when they are available.

Can't believe we've had a Steve Barnes write up of a match and no-one got kidnapped or murdered. Or that we didn't win 5-4 in a heroic comeback.

It's missing a reference to the Jag XJ8 to be a true Barnes classic.

The state of the defending!

First half their captain should have gone for the professional foul, friendly or not. Samuels was away and gone before the rugby tackle, no way the full back was getting back to tackle him with a clear run.

Samuels has bulked up, seems a strong and pacy forward

Defending looked pretty bad but going forward some good stuff, really good that they are using the same formation as the first team. Thanks for posting the video I sortof enjoyed that haha.

U23s beat Colchester 3-0 today. Ennis, Ashley-Seal and Stevenson.

Back