• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

I said a few months ago I thought it was disappointing that the club set up its own account and gazumped him. Wish they'd just accredited him to the club as he was always information rather than opinion based.

That’s a shame he did a great job. Hopefully he gets well soon!

That's a shame. Does he post on here or anywhere else? Always better content than the official account.

Scott Sellars is being promoted to head of player development.. this was something I genuinely did hear about the other day! New 23s coach will be interesting to see who that will be

Scott Sellars is being promoted to head of player development.. this was something I genuinely did hear about the other day! New 23s coach will be interesting to see who that will be

In a way it should have been expected. We should be trying to mould the U23's into a younger version of the first XI

So will this put Sellars in charge of sorting out loans for our younger players? It's a key area that we need to get right.

Sounds like a football director role but specifically for the u23. Compton Stars was the name of the users account on here, shame they are stopping yes.

So will this put Sellars in charge of sorting out loans for our younger players? It's a key area that we need to get right.

I think so. A bit like what Darren Moore did at Albion before this season

Nice touch.
020de91c9e8dd2075ef98ad9839b5fa3.jpg

Hadn't noticed until going through Twitter tonight but Elliot Watt has been playing for Scotland U21s in the Toulon tournament.

Wolves U23s coach Scott Sellars promoted to Head of Academy Player Development.

U14s are 3-2 up in extra time against Blackburn in national cup final

Rob Edwards back in charge of the U23s

Interesting - that wasn’t who I expected to take over from Sellars! Did well with the U18s before.

Not a great decision. Yes he knows the club & the set up, but always struck me as a bit of a "yes" man and hasn't exactly pulled up trees in any of his managerial positions. With where we are now, I figured a number of new faces would be coming in/through the under 23's this season and I thought a manager who can work more on Nuno's wavelength (should we require to promote any players through the under 23's and up to the first team) would be a better option. Time will tell but I'm of the opinion that I don't understand how someone with his level of talent can continue being gifted opportunities like this. He's obviously very highly thought of behind the scenes by someone!

I think they want a yes man.... Sellars got a bit narky last season on the few occasions Nuno dropped a 1st team player into the U23 squad. Don't think that went down well.

Rob is a decent coach but that is as far as he will go. He impressed with our U18's and was quickly promoted but his brief spell in charge of us and then Telford show he was put above his capabilities. Good he is aware of that, rather than trying for manager/head coach jobs until he can't a job anywhere. His skill set appears to be developing players and working well with those above him. Can see why Wolves have got him back.

Back