• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

I'm sorry, I don't speak or understand that language.

Portugal's squad for the U19 Euros starting in Finland next week includes Wolves Rúben Vinagre.

Checkatrade Info.

"The 48 EFL clubs have been placed into pre-determined groups, with consideration given to ensure travel time is minimised for supporters and recovery time is maximised for players"

Wolves U21 are in the Northern Section and will be placed into one of these groups. Draw is done on the 18th July

Group A - Carlisle, Morecambe, Sunderland
Group B - Bury, Fleetwood, Rochdale
Group C - Accrington, Blackpool, Macclesfield,
Group D - Crewe, Shrewsbury, Tranmere
Group E - Burton, Port Vale, Walsall
Group F - Barnsley, Bradford, Oldham
Group G - Doncaster, Grimsby, Notts C
Group H - Lincoln, Mansfield, Scunthorpe

D or E would work best for us.

I don't think we'll mess about with it, it'll be U23s only.

Five years ago we were playing Crewe, Shrewsbury, Tranmere, Port Vale and Walsall on equal(ish) terms...

and last time we were in this Cup our U23's were up against Sunderland's U23 and now they have to field their first team

Last 2 seasons Sunderland have had their academy side in, now getting the first team straight in there

EDIT - damn you Kenny

Group F is comfortably the most grim. If I end up going to Boundary Park in November to watch our U23s then please have me sectioned.

Group H looks ok, never been to Lincoln's ground.

Ennis in the England U19 squad for the Euro's.

Which starts today and is being shown on Sky. Vinagre in the Portugal squad too.

Group H looks ok, never been to Lincoln's ground.

Nice little ground,bit tricky to find and park there,it's sort of on a housing estate,one stand looks like the stand you bought for subbuteo,team comes out and they fire up the old air raid siren,as you do.i used to live two minutes walk away from it

Ennis in the England U19 squad for the Euro's.

Great news.

Good opportunity for him as a lot of the usual players not been allowed to play by their clubs as it's pre-season now.

How far do we expect Ennis to progress? I know he went to Shrewsbury last year (I think) prior to his injury but is he someone we expect to break through at any point?

The talent is very much there. He and MGW are the best prospects we've had in well over a decade. The problem for now is that he's missed so much football over the last couple of years.

I think we may well see him in our U23s until Christmas and then we'll assess where we go from there.

Mark on the bloody bandwagon as well, shocking

Back