• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-6 Chelsea: Verdict Thread

Forgot to say for all the Neto goodwill on here, he rammed that right back up your rear ends when they scored their 6th.
I don't care about that, he isn't our player any more and fuck the faux-humility you get from the likes of Daniel Sturridge who refused to celebrate vs Bolton after being on loan there for a few weeks.

He's there to do a job for Chelsea and he did it. He didn't act the dick like Nunes when he left and that's openly the club's strategy to sell players at high value.

I do object to us having £50m+ sat there now for some time after he's left and we've done literally nothing with it. As well as having the Sporting Director tell me that it was the right time to sell him. Didn't fucking look like it, did it pal. We lost 6-2.

If GON can’t see that Doherty and Toti have no business starting PL games for our club, I have to seriously question whether he has the credentials to manage at this level.

He is currently getting the basics horribly wrong.

I don't care about that, he isn't our player any more and fuck the faux-humility you get from the likes of Daniel Sturridge who refused to celebrate vs Bolton after being on loan there for a few weeks.

He's there to do a job for Chelsea and he did it. He didn't act the dick like Nunes when he left and that's openly the club's strategy to sell players at high value.

I do object to us having £50m+ sat there now for some time after he's left and we've done literally nothing with it. As well as having the Sporting Director tell me that it was the right time to sell him. Didn't fucking look like it, did it pal. We lost 6-2.
It doesn't me either, but look at this comment as an example. He couldn't care less about us after setting up a goal that had zero difference to the game
Post in thread 'Ex-Wolf Watch' https://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/threads/ex-wolf-watch.37850/post-1732647

Maybe he looked at the reaction his pal Diogo got for no reason and wondered what the point would be in donning the sackcloth and ashes.

In truth I doubt he could believe his luck that he was up against someone who the likes of David Cotterill used to ruin at will.

Our issue is a lack of structure and a clear plan on how to manage a game.

We throw everyone forward and then expose a poor back four by having no screen or cover.
Then players like Bellegarde cba to track back, leaving RAN woefully alone and exposed, in a position he probably doesn't suit.

Chuck in the fact that we switch off at every free kick and players like hwang putting in a 0/10 performance then we're on a hiding to nothing.

This isn't about back 4 or 5, it's about the tactical direction - O'Neil only has a couple more games imo. Nuno will have forest targeting our weaknesses and could easily beat us.

Concaciao or Moyes before October?

We throw everyone forward and then expose a poor back four by having no screen or cover.
Then players like Bellegarde cba to track back, leaving RAN woefully alone and exposed, in a position he probably doesn't suit.

Chuck in the fact that we switch off at every free kick and players like hwang putting in a 0/10 performance then we're on a hiding to nothing.

This isn't about back 4 or 5, it's about the tactical direction - O'Neil only has a couple more games imo. Nuno will have forest targeting our weaknesses and could easily beat us.

Whilst spending our January budget paying him off on a contract we didn't need to give him

Chelsea2.png

That marking. It should be impossible. Literally 90 seconds into the game too.

He doesn't even move to get into that kind of space. We just never bother. Full marks to Doherty on not marking, not attacking the ball and not going on the post. So you're doing fucking nothing, you idiot.

Exactly this. GoN comments after the game saying there was nothing tactically he could do are embarrassing.

This was as bad a managerial performance as Hwang put in as a right winger today

GoN just isn't good enough, he's a good coach but he can't set up, change or react to tactics. It's just not in him.

Did he actually say that?!

Exactly this. GoN comments after the game saying there was nothing tactically he could do are embarrassing.

This was as bad a managerial performance as Hwang put in as a right winger today

GoN just isn't good enough, he's a good coach but he can't set up, change or react to tactics. It's just not in him.
Today was all on the tactics. Our setup was incredibly naive, which combined with a couple of dreadful performances is a total recipe for a drubbing.

GoN is disingenuous claiming he couldn't have down much else (for one, he could stop with whatever he does at halftime that makes us so bad in the second half).

Today was all on the tactics. Our setup was incredibly naive, which combined with a couple of dreadful performances is a total recipe for a drubbing.

GoN is disingenuous claiming he couldn't have down much else (for one, he could stop with whatever he does at halftime that makes us so bad in the second half).
Quick restarts too. This is surely a coaching thing.

We've conceded three soft goals already this season through just being asleep when the opposition have taken a set piece before we thought they would.

If that’s what he said, then it’s time to go.

I’m not paid as much money as him but I’ve been watching football for longer.

I’m sick of his gaslighting bullshit.

Quick restarts too. This is surely a coaching thing.

We've conceded three soft goals already this season through just being asleep when the opposition have taken a set piece before we thought they would.
Absolutely terrible that no one thought to just stand over the ball for 2 seconds and slow the game. Especially when we had been exposed multiple times by Chelsea moving the ball quickly.

You'd have thought that would be something picked up by the iPad in the first half.

Whatever the problem, it's not unique to the current transfer window

Back