• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-3 West Brom: Verdict Thread

I don't think it's emotional blackmail, just true. Most other managers in the Premier League have been here long enough to have moved their families over here and settled (or have been on the carousel long enough to have families over here).

All suffering is relative, and to suggest our squad aren't is exactly why some people just don't open up about their mental health.
Think Nuno spoke out saying football should continue - honestly though, I think we and he would certainly benefit from a hiatus.

Erm the phrase was in “Nuno situation” not sure I mentioned anything about yours.
If we were 7th the evidence would suggest this situation wasn’t effecting him.
It’s neither exonerating from responsibility it’s merely a point that it’s not helping he’s even said in many pressers how the current situation is having an effect on everyone.
'Everyone' isn't getting this treatment and these excuses after every loss or poor draw though, are they?

No one wonders openly about Vitinha being homesick constantly, or if Adama is worried about his family? It's just Nuno, every game

Think Nuno spoke out saying football should continue - honestly though, I think we and he would certainly benefit from a hiatus.

I honestly think a lot of teams would. We look knackered, physically and mentally.

'Everyone' isn't getting this treatment and these excuses after every loss or poor draw though, are they?

No one wonders openly about Vitinha being homesick constantly, or if Adama is worried about his family? It's just Nuno, every game
He's the bloke that gets all the stick though, even though the players let him (and us) down badly today. Stick Vitinha in front of the press then we'd see.

Fulham, Leeds, Newcastle, Palace, Leicester. All with a three.

Five games there, two conceded, one a last minute free kick that should never have been given (and the keeper should save), one a mega dodgy penalty (compare that to the one we didn't get today! At least Max only used one arm).

We do look more solid defensively in general with a three. The trade off is we can struggle for fluency going forward (we didn't create huge amounts in any of those games bar Palace, who were shocking).
I think 4 is the ultimate way forward but we just don't have the defenders at the moment. We need one or even 2 CBs before we can 'transition' to 4231.

Manager always gets it in the neck before the players

Look, i have played football most of my life and for me, he was too far against the left post for that throw in..corner/freekick, another thing
Your football experience is as relevant to Rui as your ability to play the guitar.

He has said himself he's finding it hard so I disagree that it is speculation.

There are tangible contributions, but I think this is contributing to those. This is a close knit squad who currently can't see each other outside of "work" - they can't even go to a supermarket, and one of their closest friends suffered a potentially life threatening injury. They're feeling it as much as the rest of us.
My last comments on this, as I can see exactly where it's going.

Firstly, saying you find something hard doesn't equate to a mental health self-diagnosis. Plenty of managers look frazzled when their team are plummeting. Always have.

You're welcome to express yourself in the second paragraph as you have, for me it's a more than a touch over-sentimental.

We're not talking about our own families here, we're talking about strangers who play for our football club and I love them in that way, but I don't agree that we should be wailing and gnashing our teeth like they're our children, at the expense of the hard but fair criticism every other manager and player for Wolves has had forever.

We were losing, we were getting loads of set pieces at the other end, and we needed to take one of Boly, Saiss or Coady off to accommodate RAN (who did pretty well when he came on, crap shot aside).

Which of the three is the least of a threat from set pieces...
Exactly. We scored from two set plays, and looks likely to score from everyone as they were so bad. one defender scored and assisted it, the other has been our most potent threat from them. And of course Coady was having a stinker but that’s secondary.

Turning on Rui now... maybe his defenders should learn to win second balls in the box off long throw ins?

I think it would probably be better if the coach changed the system for defending set pieces to give his players a chance of actually winning the first ball more often. Far too often this season there have been a row of Wolves' defenders stood static under the flight of the ball and all it takes is a half decent run from an opponent to get a virtually free header. It's happened pretty much all season and nothing has been done to remedy it, bad management.

I don't think it's emotional blackmail, just true. Most other managers in the Premier League have been here long enough to have moved their families over here and settled (or have been on the carousel long enough to have families over here).

All suffering is relative, and to suggest our squad aren't is exactly why some people just don't open up about their mental health.

How long is 'long enough'?

Nuno has been here over 3 years now, it's hardly like he was a couple of days in the job when travel started getting restricted. It would appear he has no great intention of bringing his family over to me so if he's struggling with the separation then it's a problem largely of his own making.

I guess that’s because ultimately he’s the most important person for us to be focusing on when the results are how they are.

obviously he’ll be unhappy with his personal situation as would any of us. You are right that we have no idea what his mental health is like though, how he’s really coping with it but with his body language and comments people are going to, as
You say, speculate about it.

I just hope he can solve the onfield issues and maybe that can help the overall mood

Glasgow, go home you're drunk, leave the keyboard alone, come back tomorrow when the beers worn off

Really your happy with a cunt laughing after getting beat
None of us are, but we haven't had 12 pints and a bottle of Buckies. Calm down fella is all people are asking. I get you are pissed off, we all are.

Back