• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-1 Tottenham: Verdict Thread

For all you tacticians out there, what are the main elements of play we can take from the lead up to both of those goals?
Certainly speed of play as been mentioned on here earlier, huge credit to Doyle for taking that free kick as fast as he did, really caught Spurs out with that.
Do we need to change much to get the same display from Sarabia, Cunha and Lemina regularly?
Really enjoyable and exciting to watch!

The goal kick thing is a bit odd by the way, Sa tends to pass it out to Kilman or Dawson to distribute: is this to mitigate Sa’s hot head at times or is it just something we’ve done in every game this season?

Behind the scenes in the changing room after the gane
Interesting that all the players looked so serious; I was expecting them to be all smiles and nudges and play acting on a high. (I still remember that post-match interview with Mick when he got soaked by Elokobi when we stayed up, although I guess that was rather more momentous an occasion.) That they waited until the end of the debrief goes to show how seriously this squad takes things, and also the level of respect they feel towards the manager. Really encouraging.

Not often this gets written, but I thought the ref had a really good game.
I thought he'd stop Doyle's quickly taken free kick and apart from giving Dawson a yellow for scrumming down with that lightweight Son, I thought he was pretty good and fairly quickly decided not to fall for Spur's players falling over in agony holding various untouched body parts.

Pav's got a new VHS machine.
Bartered for it with 2 chickens, a bagful of old olives and an innertube.
No way, they only get the second chicken when they get it to work, and fyi the older the olives the better, if they've been stored proper, like mine 😘

The goal kick thing is a bit odd by the way, Sa tends to pass it out to Kilman or Dawson to distribute: is this to mitigate Sa’s hot head at times or is it just something we’ve done in every game this season?
If you let the keeper hoof it it's just going to come straight back at you.

On a related note, can people in the South Bank please, please, stop pissing themselves and screaming at the players every time they play a backwards pass. It's 2023 FFS.

We do it all the time.

Dawson twice booted it straight to a Spurs player on halfway in the middle of the pitch which seems pointless to me.

Sa could kick when he first arrived here, he can't now for whatever reason.

We do it all the time.

Dawson twice booted it straight to a Spurs player on halfway in the middle of the pitch which seems pointless to me.

Sa could kick when he first arrived here, he can't now for whatever reason.

I didn’t know if it was a mitigation after Sa booted it out once far too quickly, and it came straight back and we conceded. Just found it interesting!

I didn’t know if it was a mitigation after Sa booted it out once far too quickly, and it came straight back and we conceded. Just found it interesting!
That was just Sa being a moron tbh. He has generally calmed down with distribution since Luton when it was also his fault for an awful throw out and suddenly we were massively overloaded.

I wouldn't particularly endorse what we do now, Dawson giving it away and being 10 yards further back then he normally would be (thus playing everyone onside) doesn't seem a great plan.

Interesting that all the players looked so serious; I was expecting them to be all smiles and nudges and play acting on a high. (I still remember that post-match interview with Mick when he got soaked by Elokobi when we stayed up, although I guess that was rather more momentous an occasion.) That they waited until the end of the debrief goes to show how seriously this squad takes things, and also the level of respect they feel towards the manager. Really encouraging.

It’s the classic “we’ve won a game, let’s not get ahead, that’s the performance level now”.

Judging by my early season predictions, O’Neil should be on the verge of the sack right now. I couldn’t be happier to be proved wrong and long may it continue.

It’s so refreshing to be enjoying Wolves games again and results like yesterday just make the whole weekend so much better.

I’ll never get bored of watching Sarabia’s goal. It was magnificent.

Just had a change to watch the highlights. Even knowing the result, I celebrated those two goals as if I was watching them live. What a magnificent come back.

Watching the highlights, we seem to have played really well yesterday, and most of the best chances were ours. Hopefully we manage to continue to build up on it.

Back